Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

March 8th, 2013 16:00

Wi-Fi connection loss

Has there been any updates on why we lose Wi-Fi on our Inspiron 15z laptops .Only had this laptop a few months now.  This is the second time for me. My old laptop is working fine but, the new model is disconnecting. I tried several approaches but, to no avail. System restore becomes unavailable, drivers are all up to date. I even had Windows 8  re-installed by Dell techs and this still has no solved  this issue. Why?  WHY?

March 20th, 2013 10:00

I am having the same problem on my inspiron 15z. Depending on where i am the connection drops more or less. If many people are connected on the same wifi (school) the connection drops every 1 to 2 minutes. If i am the only one connected on the wifi it drops every 15 to 20 minutes and i have tried connecting in many different different places it is every time the same scenario. This is getting really annoying i hope Dell will finally give us an answer to that problem instead of asking many questions about the kind of trouble we are having. 

3 Posts

June 25th, 2013 00:00

Had same problem.  Right out of the box.  Was going through the setup screens and it lost the connection.  Couldn't figure out what was going on until I realized it dropped.  Happened 2 more times in the next hours.  Troubleshooting didn't work.  Internet Explorer had a button to fix the connection.  That worked, but more drops.  Bad feeling about this....

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 25th, 2013 03:00

dundorf,

Without knowing your model and operating system, this is basics

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, then select your operating system. Under Network, download and install the latest drivers.

Try these tweaks....

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Click on advanced, look for Antenna Diversity. If your sytem has antenna diversity, change it from Auto to Aux.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

July 18th, 2013 12:00

I was having problems too but I just reset my Wireless NetGear Router back in May 2013. Haven't had problem since. Fingers crossed!!!

No Events found!