Highlighted
Illuhtll
1 Copper

WiFi Adapter Deleted

Hello everyone,

I have been having some issues trying to fix my missing wireless adapter. I originally had a small DNS error so I ran the windows troubleshooter. It's solution was to remove my wireless adapter which I foolishly let happen. Now I am unable to discover networks or even see my wifi icon when I click the network icon on my toolbar. All that pops up is "AIRPLANE MODE" and "NETWORK SETTINGS". My computer detects in DEVICES AND DRIVERS that there is this wireless device, however, using netsh and listing wireless adapters, it says there are none on my computer.

I have tried uninstalling the driver for my wifi adapter but it wont update since I have no connection. Obviously I do have another computer with internet access that I can download files from and transfer via USB.

I have contacted microsoft support numerous times to which their reply was to install the driver via USB, however, upon visiting the DELL site, I can only find general driver installers and not the specific file.

Most of the software I get to try and fix this issue all require a network connection to download from an online database. 

Any ideas of what else I can do? I've been trying to solve this issue for 6 days. I'm about ready to wipe everything and reinstall windows but I'd rather not do that!

Wireless Adapter:

=============

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

COMPUTER:

==========

Dell inspiron 5558

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: WiFi Adapter Deleted

Hi llluhtll,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your wifi isn't working as expected.

The driver may be available from Intel, but your post doesn't mention which Operating System you have installed.  Here is the link: http://dell.to/2usztjH

Simply download the driver with another computer and use a usb drive to install it on your computer.  If you need instructions please post back. 

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos