RE: WiFi problem with Inspiron 15 3521

I have the same problem, and it is very frustrating.  I have my old Dell Inspiron 1505E with xp, and it never does this.  I am new to computers, so this is hard for me.  I get limited access with yellow warning triangle over the bars and can't connect.  Sometimes it drops every minute, like tonight.  This morning not so bad.  Dell has to know about this problem and should fix it.  I would love to take this computer back, but I'm sure another one will do the same thing.

0 Kudos
Stasio
1 Copper

I have the exact same problem with my Dell Inspiron 3521.

I don't see the options you mentioned.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mahes
1 Copper

I tried this settings in my dell inspiron 3521 laptop and it fixed the wifi issue. Thanks a lot Saharsh and Dell Support. I have been facing this issue for almost a year... luckily i found this answer few days back. it would be great if Dell optimizes the driver or provide support with these steps in the mydell application itself. 

0 Kudos
camtuxnguyen
1 Copper

Same problem as you.  Doesn't see any respond to it though.

0 Kudos

I upgraded to windows 8.1 and the problem was solved.

0 Kudos

try bridging your network adapters on your laptop.  go to the control panel and you know where in networking and while the connection is active just select both adapters and right click and select bridge connection. 

"There can only be one!"

My laptop is a Dell E4300 with dual boot Linux/Windows.

-Windows XP Desktop Support-General Studies A.S.
-Just a loser with a 2 year degree.
-"If you feed me then watch me get a project done."

0 Kudos
camtuxnguyen
1 Copper

Thanks.  We are already at windows 8.1

0 Kudos
ambenisar
1 Copper

Inspiron 3521, Windows 8.1

I opened the wireless card properties but I don't see any place where I can make the suggested changes.

0 Kudos
Mahes
1 Copper

@AMBENISAR, Please check advanced tab in your screenshot. 

pls check this link  http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/p/19497222/20712465#207...  

0 Kudos
camtuxnguyen
1 Copper

I tried all the software solutions but didn't help even after I had all the right version and settings.  So I opened up the laptop (we were past warantee and would have cost the same amount we spent for the laptop to have someone take a look at it), disconnected and reconnected the wifi network card/adpater (there are video instructions on the internet), and afterward haven't had any problem since.  Something must have gone loose.  The model we have the card was under the keyboard.

0 Kudos