Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2015 18:00

Wifi Issues

Hi, I connected my laptop to the internet via ethernet cable and downloaded all the drivers, however the wifi is still not working. I bought a new hard drive yesterday due to the older one failing. The OS that I've installed is Windows 8 on the new hard drive.

My laptop model is Inspirion 15 3542. Does anyone know where I can find the correct wifi driver? Also, is there a way where I can check if the wifi  is on or off? I was looking at the manual and it said fn+prntscrn button to turn on wifi but that didn't solve anything. 

Thanks. 

Inspiron 15 3542

• 

16.7K Posts

September 28th, 2015 07:00

Kalo96,

You can click the link below to download Windows 8.1 drivers for your computer. There are no Windows 8 drivers. You can try installing the Windows 8.1 wifi driver to see if that will work. If not, you may want to put Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 on the computer. Below is how to turn the WIFI on in Windows 8/8.1.

How to configure WiFi in Windows 8.1?

Launch the Charms and select Settings. Select the Network  icon.A list of available networks is displayed. Select your network and click Connect. Type the network security key if prompted.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 28th, 2015 13:00

You are better to install Windows 8.1 directly opposed to Windows 8:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-8-1-retail-and-oem-iso/

No Events found!