Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 26th, 2012 22:00

Wifi is connecting but not getting the internet connection

I have Inspiron 14R using it for more than 1 year, from yesterday im not getting the internet connection but it detects my Wifi connection.

Wifi router has been resetted and turned off, but it doesnt connect. Wifi is connecting in my mobile but its not connecting to my laptop.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 27th, 2012 03:00

Ajaaykannan,

Try reading...

Software Updates Causes Wireless Connectivity Issue Or Unable to Connect to Internet

If the article does not help solve the problem, Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID, if using XP, run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Also include the virus program and firewall you're using.

Rick

August 27th, 2012 02:00

duplicate post

August 27th, 2012 07:00

Thanks Rick, it worked after Mcafee virtual scan.

1 Message

August 29th, 2012 02:00

I had a similar problem on XPS15 laptop.

For me all networks, WiFi and cable had no internet and no netbios over TCP/IP. When I tried to change the adapter settings for TCP/IPv4 i got a weird error message to say adapter card must be installed first.

I removed McAfee ages ago, using Sophos AV instead. So in my case the problem must be caused by windows 7 or other driver updates.

I rebooted in Safe Mode then ran Windows Restore back to the end of July 2012.  The problem went away immediately.

Now Windows has updated automatically and the problem has not recurred. Fingers crossed...

No Events found!