doodymark
1 Copper

Wifi on Latitude E5540 not working after Windows 10 1903 update

After updating to Windows 10 Pro v1903, wifi on my Latitude E5540 no longer works. The wifi soft switch defaults to "turn wifi back on manually", but I when I switch on the soft switch, the wifi does not detect any networks and switches off after about a second.  Note there is a hard wifi switch on the machine but it hasn't worked in years. The machine worked fine before the update and wifi works on my the other machines including a Latitude 5480 which is at the same update.  LAN works fine.

I have tried the following solutions, none of which have worked:

• Unchecked the power management “allow the computer to turn off this device” checkbox
  • Updated the driver (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260)
  • Rolled back the driver
  • Tried it on a different, working wifi network
  • Bought a separate wifi dongle using a realtek driver - same problem
  • Switch wifi off in bios, then switched it back on again
  • Checked that wlan autoconfig service running and that its dependencies are running

This seems to be a problem with MS10 on the older Dells. Anybody got any idea of a solution?

2 Replies
Highlighted
doodymark
1 Copper

Re: Wifi on Latitude E5540 not working after Windows 10 1903 update

Well I uninstalled the update and lo and behold Wifi now works again.  Anyone got any ideas how I can get the latest Windows 10 1903 updates to function?  Is this a MS problem?

Highlighted
jar97
1 Copper

Re: Wifi on Latitude E5540 not working after Windows 10 1903 update

I'm interested to know the answer to that as well, especially now that 1903 seems to be forcing itself on my computers.

Tags (1)