Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2015 12:00

Windows 10 Bluetooth Problem

I see that everyone that upgraded to Windows 10 are having issues with either WLAN or Bluetooth wireless or both.  My computer is a Studio 1735 with an upgraded network card and was running Windows 7, 64b OS.  After upgrading to Windows 10 everything worked great except Bluetooth.  It does not even show up anywhere except the little light on the keyboard display.  The fingerprint thingy hasn't worked since I installed Windows 7 but didn't use it anyway. By the way the only Bluetooth device I used was a Dell travel mouse and I went to Best Buy yesterday and purchased a Logitech $12 wireless mouse which works fine.  I just would like to get the wireless Bluetooth working in case I decide to use it later. Forgot to add, my upgraded wireless card is a 5300 PCI Express Internal Half-Height Mini-Card.     

55 Posts

September 8th, 2015 19:00

I finally had a little spare time to try to get my Bluetooth drivers working.  My problem was the Lenovo driver software (suggested by several on this forum) would not completely install, kept telling me I had to remove any Bluetooth software already installed.  I had searched and not found anything, however, today I did find a file that was apparently there after my upgrade to Windows 10. I uninstalled the software and lo and behold the new drivers installed correctly.  Then the Bluetooth travel mouse would not connect (simply because I didn't know what I was doing).  I found that I needed to go to settings, under devices and with a bit of trial and error I finally got everything working. Thanks to all that suggested methods to help me.  Great forum and those that contribute to it.       

August 15th, 2015 18:00

I made a few posts with this proposed solution this evening. a Lenovo driver, updated for Windows 10, worked on my E6400 with a Dell 370 BT card (Broadcom chip). I believe that the Lenovo driver works on many Broadcom-based BT cards. First, uninstall any BT software that mah have partially installed. Install the Lenovo driver from the following link. After that, even the driver from the Broadcom site will install, if desired.    support.lenovo.com/.../ds031759

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759 A http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759  

55 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 07:00

No suggestions anyone?  I wonder if I reset the Bluetooth card if it would force windows to find a driver for the card.  Has anyone tried this?

55 Posts

August 5th, 2015 18:00

That didn't do anything.  I Quit, no reason to continue talking to myself.

2 Posts

August 5th, 2015 20:00

I solved my problems with this driver http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031999

Dell XPS 1645 - Win 10 Pro 64 - Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-card

55 Posts

August 6th, 2015 10:00

Thanks, was beginning to think I had posted on a site that I was totally alone.  I downloaded the driver from the site  you recommended a few days ago and still nothing.  The Bluetooth card does not show up in the device manager or anywhere else I have looked. 

1 Message

August 7th, 2015 07:00

XPS 1647 - Win 10 Pro 64 - Wireless 370 BT

Tried Lenovo's driver

Installed successfully, and the BT adaptor appeared, however only a generic driver installed (from Microsoft)

You can't turn on the BT radio, and it always turned off in a few seconds by itself.

I tried to update the BT driver then, it worked and Dell's driver was installed.

The switch of BT radio worked fine, but I couldn't make it pair with my BT mouse. It got these messages in system event viewer:

The mutual authentication between the local Bluetooth adapter and a device with Bluetooth adapter address (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx) failed.

Still looking for a resolution for this.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 12th, 2015 00:00

Use the Broadcom Bluetooth Update (Widcomm Bluetooth Windows Software):

https://www.broadcom.com/support/?gid=2

55 Posts

August 12th, 2015 16:00

I downloaded the zipped file, when I opened the setup file it would not detect my Dell Bluetooth travel mouse.  I deleted the file and reinstalled the software several times with the same results. 

Thanks for trying to help me tho. 

9 Posts

September 11th, 2015 03:00

XPS 1645 370 BT Driver Win 10. > I had the same issue and what I found was that I needed to go into Add/Remove programs and Uninstall the Broadcom driver software from Windows 7. Once I did that I then used the Broadcom drivers for Windows 10 provided by Lenovo (which is the same as Broadcoms but the installer works). ( just search for Lenovo Broadcom Bluetooth Windows 10).  Another issue that needs resolved is garbled audio via BT and that can be resolved by downloading Realtek's Windows 10 HD audio codec. I hope this information is helpful to anyone who has faced the same issue. I know personally I spent numerous hours with both Dell and Microsoft trying hopelessly to get this resolved. Thankfully I just gave in and plugged away at my own research and managed to get the issue resolved. It took me about 3 hours of research and only 5 minutes to actually get it going (including restart and device pairing). So glad I got this resolved... good luck.

2 Posts

September 30th, 2015 16:00

So you are telling us you found a file and uninstalled it but neglect to tell us the file name. Please, don't keep secrets. I don't see any Broadcom installations in my Programs and Features. I had this problem in Windows 8/8.1 and solved it but the solution alludes me in Windows 10.

October 31st, 2015 02:00

I have an old, but still perfect XPS 1640 laptop. Same issues..  bluetooth icon not showing and unable to pair DELL keyboard and mouse..

I was almost about to give up and revert to windows 7..

Lost a couple of hours till I fount this thread, but now all is working great.

Use the Lenovo drives in this thread.

3 Posts

January 8th, 2016 04:00

but while installing lenovo driver it showing that please uninstall previous driver, and i cant find out any previous driver on my laptop,  my lap is dell inspiron n5010 bluetooth 365... please help me

9 Posts

January 8th, 2016 13:00

You need to goto Add / Remove programs to delete the driver. I know it sounds odd but that's where I found it. It is not shown in Device Manager.

2 Posts

January 9th, 2016 16:00

Believe me, I tried 7 ways from Sunday to do that. There wasn't any driver. When I installed Windows 10 the installation said a hardware device (not specified) was not supported and will be disabled. I assume that was the Bluetooth. Somehow. Microsoft hid the defective driver and even looking for hidden devices didn't show it. That procedure worked for Windows 8 installation but not Windows 10. The device manager didn't even show the hardware. The weird thing is that a Bluetooth dongle saw the card's signal. I gave up and bought a new card and that worked without a hitch. I am glad to be done with it.

No Events found!