Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

August 3rd, 2015 11:00

Windows 10: Problems with bluetooth and wi-fi (Dell Bluetooth 365 module and Dell Wireless 1520 (802.11n) half-mini module)

Hi, I have an XPS 8300 bought in 2012 with Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit).
Now I upgraded to Windows 10 PRO (64bit) and found some problems.

The first problem I had was with the Bluetooth (Dell Bluetooth 365 module). After upgrading the operating system, the Bluetooth did not work because drivers were probably incompatible with Windows 10. For this problem, I searched for a solution and I find (thanks to this forum) that the card is made by Broadcom and is also used by Lenovo some of its computer. So I downloaded and installed the file from this link ( http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759 ) and now Bluetooth works with Windows 10!

The second problem, which I have not yet solved, is the wi-fi (Dell Wireless 1520 (802.11n) half-mini module). As for Bluetooth also the wi-fi stopped working with Windows 10. This card also is produced by Broadcom, but I did not find working drivers for Windows 10!

Someone would know help me?

In any case, I am surprised that Dell does not offer support for Windows 10, for PC like mine.

I also have a laptop HP Pavillion, since 2009, and it all works perfectly with Windows 10 ...

1.8K Posts

August 5th, 2015 14:00

Hello,

For the Dell Wireless 1520 card have you tried removing the wireless drivers, rebooting your system, and using Windows Update to try to find drivers for it?   Windows has native wireless drivers that some people have found to work with the Dell wireless cards that don't have specific Win10 drivers released yet.  Try that and see if it works.

Thank you for the info on the Dell 365 Bluetooth card.   Hopefully others will be able to find your post and download the drivers that you linked to resolve any problems.

As for support for Windows 10, unfortunately much of that is determined by the hardware requirements that Microsoft set for the new OS.  And it's not just processor, memory, etc., but covers most components and the architecture of the motherboard and it's BIOS.   Unfortunately, for some of those systems, there are components that simply aren't supported by Windows 10 and there isn't much we can do at this point.  I wish we could offer more support but we've found that many customers have been able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully even if they're not on our list of supported systems.

Let me know if you are able to get Windows Update to resolve that wireless issue or not.

Todd

3 Posts

August 8th, 2015 16:00

Hi, thanks for the Bluetooth tip. I have a Dell Studio 1458 and the BT software works well with Windows 10 even though at the very end it said the installation failed. It must have been some add-on. My 1520 network card works fine. I am running Version 5.30.21.0 from 2009 if that helps. My only problem is Quickset that interferes with the brightness controls on the keyboard. The Dell display widget stays stuck between 6% or so and 12% so every time I increase the brightness it fades back to 12%. I can disable Quickset and I still get the little Windows brightness widget which works well, but I lost some of my other display widgets from Dell. For instance, if I try to turn on and off wireless I see nothing, but 2 taps turns it on and 2 taps turn it off.  All the other stuff seems to work for now with no Quickset. I tried a newer version but no luck.  Thanks again!

3 Posts

August 8th, 2015 22:00

Hi Todd, I posted below (or above) about my Studio 1458. I hear what you are saying about Microsoft requirements for upgrading, but it was Microsoft that said my 2010 laptop was 100% compatible so I don't understand the disconnect. Dell doesn't even support my laptop with WIndows 8 even though drivers exist for all my hardware out in the ether. I am running Windows 10 now 100% by finding equivalent existing up-to-date drivers released for other competitor's laptops that use identical hardware as is found in my Studio 1458. My only problem is with Dell Quickset not being updated to work properly with Windows 10. Something just doesn't seem right about all this. If you find a solution for Quickset so that I can use it please let me know.    Thanks, Richard

5 Posts

August 10th, 2015 08:00

Hi Todd, thank for the answer.
To remove the driver of the Dell Wireless 1520 card I have to go to "Control Panel" -> "Device Manager" -> and now under "Network Adapters" uninstall the driver Wireless 1520 card... is correct?

The problem is that under "Network Adapters" I have no wireless card! I have only bluetooth and ethernet device!

After upgrading to Window 10, the wireless (and bluetooth) device is completely disappeared from my computer... including the driver!
Moreover, in addition to this problem, to download new drivers from Windows Update, simply click on "Update Checks"?

I think anyway is not the right solution because my PC does not see the wireless card 1520 completely.

5 Posts

August 10th, 2015 10:00

Hi DDanger.
I'm happy that my research has been helpful!
For the error at the end of installation is normal, also it happened to me, but it all works perfectly!

For the 1520 network card instead i don't know what should I do!

In reality this is not a big problem for me because this is a desktop PC (stationary) and use it with the Ethernet cable... but since has installed a card for the wi-fi I would like use it!

On my Dells support page i found a 5.60.48.35 version of the driver for Dell Wireless WLAN 1520 Half MiniCard... you say you I should try to reinstall this version?

For your other problem unfortunately I do not know how to help you because it is a laptop ... different from my PC desktop.

3 Posts

August 11th, 2015 00:00

Well, after looking at it a little bit, the 1520 designation doesn't appear to be a model number so I would grab the model number off the card and google it for windows 10. Hope that helps. Network cards are pretty cheap so you might not want to hastle with it. Laptops are a little harder to upgrade. Let me know if you find a driver.    Cheers, Richard

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 12th, 2015 04:00

Tap Fn and F2, it sounds like your wireless card is switched off.

1 Message

August 25th, 2015 18:00

I have the same problem with 365 Bluetooth module which windows 10 does not recognize. I have Kinivo 4.0 bluetooth usb dongle that I don't use.  Works fine with on my Dell Inspiron N5010 with Windows 10 upgrade. 

2 Posts

October 22nd, 2015 15:00

Thanks for the Bluetooth  link ( http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759 ). It worked for me. I have a DELL Precision m65000.upgraded to Windows 10.

Cheers

Eick

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 2nd, 2015 12:00

Hi, I have an XPS1640 studio with Windows 7pro(64bit).
Now I upgraded to Windows 10 PRO (64bit) and found  problem Bluetooth not working.

link  http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759 don't help me

Someone would know help me?

thanks.

2 Posts

December 4th, 2015 11:00

There is no windows 10 driver for the chipset. Some people have found that Windows 8 64 bit bluetooth drivers   work with windows 10 64 bits. You can try it  out  but you need to know which chipset you have: here is the link

Qualcomm ATHEROS Bluetooth drivers for Windows

https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-bluetooth-drivers.html

3 Posts

January 6th, 2016 04:00

Hello, I have a Studio 1747 with Dell 365 Bluetooth. The proposed driver unfortunately does not work for me with windows 10.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you in advance...

3 Posts

January 8th, 2016 03:00

hello,

i alsoo tried with the same lenovo driver, but it showing that please uninstall the previous installation of bluetooth driver, but i already uninstall prev drivers...

if u got any solution please share wd me..

1 Message

April 15th, 2016 20:00

Hello, 

thank you for this information, i have a dell wireless 1397 mini-card and just updated from Win7 to Win10 and the bluetooth stopped working. Thanks to the lenovo link you shared the bluetooth started to work again.

I hope you find solution to your problem soon.

Thx a lot!!!

1 Message

May 5th, 2016 09:00

The amount of dosh we paid out with this machine, I purchased in 2012 and most of the system is incompatible 2 yrs and then they stopped updating bios, drivers ... :(  It is sleazy Dell , :P It shows us how much they think of the buyers... Like come on! REALLY! :P I wish you a good day  UmbertoB, Sincere Regards,

No Events found!