jocoze
1 Copper

Windows 10 WiGig - Dell 1601 wireless card and D5000 wireless dock

I have an E7440 with the Dell 1601 wireless card with WiGig ability. I connect to a Dell D5000 wireless docking station.  I tried to upgrade my machine to Windows 10, but found after I did so that my wireless dock would not work. It turns out that for some reason the Windows 10 drivers released by Dell for the 1601 wireless card does not include anything about WiGig. The Windows 8 drivers have not worked in the Windows 10 environment either.

Any ideas on how to make this work? It appears Windows 10 has built in WiGig as a feature, but it doesn't recognize that my machine can do WiGig, due to a lack of a driver that supports it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

43 Replies
mroharik
1 Copper

RE: Windows 10 WiGig - Dell 1601 wireless card and D5000 wireless dock

Hi, I have the very same issue with latitude 6430u (late 2012). After upgrading to win10 my d5000 stopped working. The connection manager just show never ending loader. When I try to switch it off (to airplane mode) it enables in a while again, trying to search for my dock... but no luck. Any help appreciated, thanks

PS: 6430u support page displays notification saying that product was not tested for win10 upgrade (http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-6430u-ultrabook/drivers)

But the Computers tested page says it was: http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN297954 which is weird

singerguy0
1 Copper

I have the same issue as well. Hopefully Dell releases an updated driver...

DudeAbides
1 Copper

I have the exact same issue... PLEASE FIX PLEASE!

OLEOLSEN
1 Copper

I has the same issue on a E7440.  E7440 is on the windows 10 list for being upgraded, but breaks the docking station.  Nice.

Highlighted

Lattitude 6430u in the exact same boat over here. Since the driver hasn't been updated in almost a year, I'm not getting my hopes up unless somebody can figure out a hack for this.

rbj86
1 Copper

I also have Latitude E7440 with Dell 5000 wigig docking station. Same issue here.

OLEOLSEN
1 Copper

I spoke with a Dell support 'engineer'.  He said that I should revert to Windows 8.1 and that's there answer to the issue.  I told him it was unacceptable answer.  He also said that they have no plans to fix the problem.  I am not sure that he even understand what I was saying, but that's what he said.

DudeAbides
1 Copper

I have the Precision M4800 with the same issue.

The other "work around" is to use the wired dock . LOL, it's $50 but better than rolling back to windows 8.1.

Windows 10 is the future, Dell will have to fix this eventually.  I just hope it's on their radar.

My bluetooth Dell Travel mouse doesn't work either.   I wonder if Dell knew about Windows 10??

singerguy0
1 Copper

Thank you for posting this! I wasn't sure if it was related, but my bluetooth mouse isn't working either, and I thought it was just me!

Looking forward to a real fix via an updated driver from Dell. We'll see if that happens...

0 Kudos