john_heeboll
1 Copper

RE: Windows 10 WiGig - Dell 1601 wireless card and D5000 wireless dock

It's 28 August now, and all over the world, people are updating to Windows 10. So did I and I immediately lost access to my D5000 and hence to my screen and all my pheriphericals. I have been searching the internet and tried whatever Dell driver updates I could come across at no avail. This is surely not Dell style.  So where did it miss the point?

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

When you upgrade to Windows 10, Windows 10 uses the drivers that are already on your computer.

First try...

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, device manager.

Right click on each problem device, update driver software, then have it search your computer.

This should hopefully install the driver software for your system since Windows 10 creates the Windows.old folder.

If that does not work, then try the drivers from a previous version of Windows(Vista drivers work on most systems) and install the drivers in the Compatibility mode

Some systems now have Windows 10 drivers, if the system has support and some don't.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
mroharik
1 Copper

With respect to your knowledge and experiences: Please don't respond to topic with general answer leading to nowhere... People here are not complaining about HOW to install driver, but after proper instalation it doesn't work.

If you didn't read the previous comments, the issue is: ALL (I mean ALL) drivers Dell is offering for our dells don't contain drivers for the requested part: wigig DW1601 or are written for older Windows. People are complaining here about driver which seems to work (there's no device manager issue) but isn't (wireless dock can't be connected). So dell support/engineers could hopefully do something about it. 

Highlighted
OLEOLSEN
1 Copper

I agee completely.  I spoke with Dell and they suggested this approach, and it did not work.  They had never tried it either, and were just throwing out suggestions that were a complete waste of time.

0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem with my precision M4800.... Currently, I stay with 8.1.1.

0 Kudos
fass9
1 Copper

Same issue with my M6800 , Dell  FIX IT NOW

bweatherl
1 Copper

Any update on this or should I still be holding off on the upgrade to Win10?

0 Kudos
icr8stf
1 Copper

As many of you have found, this DOES NOT work.

Here is a forum I started on Spiceworks (August 4th) - https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1106251-dell-precision-m4800-wigig-on-windows-10

got this directly from Dell August 27th ---

Thank you for reaching out to Dell's Hardware Warranty support. We do not yet have a WiGig application listed for windows 10. You may try the windows 8.1 driver and application to see if this will work for you but until we release a specific windows 10 version of the application any support is best effort. I have provided links to both driver and application below.

Application Windows 8.1

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER02157857M/1/Network_Application_9D41C_WN_1.8.5.1280_A03.EXE

Driver Windows 8.1

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01854750M/1/Network_Driver_DPGKX_WN_10.0.0.268_A01.EXE

Craig M. 705610

Client Technical Support Senior

Dell Federal Hardware Support

Dell Client Pro Support 

Andrew Griffiths
Herndon, VA

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. ~ Neil Peart

does not work for me... no effect..... Wilocity monitor does not reply.

icr8stf
1 Copper

I too did the Wilocity debugging monitor. It reported that all was good. At this point it appears that the ball really is in Dell's hands to make an updated application to connect all the dots.

It would only make sense for them to continue this product as they are installing it in a variety of systems as a "wave of the future" product.

Andrew Griffiths
Herndon, VA

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. ~ Neil Peart