Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2015 11:00

Windows 10 WiGig - Dell 1601 wireless card and D5000 wireless dock

I have an E7440 with the Dell 1601 wireless card with WiGig ability. I connect to a Dell D5000 wireless docking station.  I tried to upgrade my machine to Windows 10, but found after I did so that my wireless dock would not work. It turns out that for some reason the Windows 10 drivers released by Dell for the 1601 wireless card does not include anything about WiGig. The Windows 8 drivers have not worked in the Windows 10 environment either.

Any ideas on how to make this work? It appears Windows 10 has built in WiGig as a feature, but it doesn't recognize that my machine can do WiGig, due to a lack of a driver that supports it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2 Posts

August 11th, 2015 05:00

Hi, I have the very same issue with latitude 6430u (late 2012). After upgrading to win10 my d5000 stopped working. The connection manager just show never ending loader. When I try to switch it off (to airplane mode) it enables in a while again, trying to search for my dock... but no luck. Any help appreciated, thanks

PS: 6430u support page displays notification saying that product was not tested for win10 upgrade (http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-6430u-ultrabook/drivers)

But the Computers tested page says it was: http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN297954 which is weird

2 Posts

August 13th, 2015 15:00

I have the same issue as well. Hopefully Dell releases an updated driver...

3 Posts

August 15th, 2015 15:00

I have the exact same issue... PLEASE FIX PLEASE!

5 Posts

August 17th, 2015 07:00

I has the same issue on a E7440.  E7440 is on the windows 10 list for being upgraded, but breaks the docking station.  Nice.

August 17th, 2015 08:00

Lattitude 6430u in the exact same boat over here. Since the driver hasn't been updated in almost a year, I'm not getting my hopes up unless somebody can figure out a hack for this.

1 Message

August 17th, 2015 12:00

I also have Latitude E7440 with Dell 5000 wigig docking station. Same issue here.

3 Posts

August 19th, 2015 06:00

I have the Precision M4800 with the same issue.

The other "work around" is to use the wired dock . LOL, it's $50 but better than rolling back to windows 8.1.

Windows 10 is the future, Dell will have to fix this eventually.  I just hope it's on their radar.

My bluetooth Dell Travel mouse doesn't work either.   I wonder if Dell knew about Windows 10??

5 Posts

August 19th, 2015 06:00

I spoke with a Dell support 'engineer'.  He said that I should revert to Windows 8.1 and that's there answer to the issue.  I told him it was unacceptable answer.  He also said that they have no plans to fix the problem.  I am not sure that he even understand what I was saying, but that's what he said.

2 Posts

August 19th, 2015 07:00

Thank you for posting this! I wasn't sure if it was related, but my bluetooth mouse isn't working either, and I thought it was just me!

Looking forward to a real fix via an updated driver from Dell. We'll see if that happens...

1 Message

August 27th, 2015 04:00

It's 28 August now, and all over the world, people are updating to Windows 10. So did I and I immediately lost access to my D5000 and hence to my screen and all my pheriphericals. I have been searching the internet and tried whatever Dell driver updates I could come across at no avail. This is surely not Dell style.  So where did it miss the point?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 27th, 2015 07:00

When you upgrade to Windows 10, Windows 10 uses the drivers that are already on your computer.

First try...

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, device manager.

Right click on each problem device, update driver software, then have it search your computer.

This should hopefully install the driver software for your system since Windows 10 creates the Windows.old folder.

If that does not work, then try the drivers from a previous version of Windows(Vista drivers work on most systems) and install the drivers in the Compatibility mode

Some systems now have Windows 10 drivers, if the system has support and some don't.

Rick

2 Posts

August 27th, 2015 07:00

With respect to your knowledge and experiences: Please don't respond to topic with general answer leading to nowhere... People here are not complaining about HOW to install driver, but after proper instalation it doesn't work.

If you didn't read the previous comments, the issue is: ALL (I mean ALL) drivers Dell is offering for our dells don't contain drivers for the requested part: wigig DW1601 or are written for older Windows. People are complaining here about driver which seems to work (there's no device manager issue) but isn't (wireless dock can't be connected). So dell support/engineers could hopefully do something about it. 

5 Posts

August 27th, 2015 09:00

I agee completely.  I spoke with Dell and they suggested this approach, and it did not work.  They had never tried it either, and were just throwing out suggestions that were a complete waste of time.

August 28th, 2015 02:00

I have exactly the same problem with my precision M4800.... Currently, I stay with 8.1.1.

3 Posts

August 31st, 2015 16:00

Same issue with my M6800 , Dell  FIX IT NOW

No Events found!