Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2013 07:00

Windows 7 64bit Internet not working

HI guys,

I have a e5430 laptop, I installed windows 7 today and now the internet is not working at all, with ethernet cable or wirelesly. In device manager the following have a yellow triangle with a exclamation mark next to them-

Network Controller

PCI Simple Communications Controller

SM Bus Controller

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

Unknown Device

I have been told I need to download some drivers, but from where (Links) or what else do I need to do?

I am an internet novice so I realy do nedd some help.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 7th, 2013 19:00

Hi Jui01,

As I see that many important drivers are not installed on your system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the Operating system, then download all the drivers onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, please refer to the link below for correct order for installing the drivers on the computer.

http://dell.to/18LnbPL

Please let me know if this helps.

8 Posts

September 12th, 2013 08:00

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have done what you have asked and now only have 2 items with the yellow exclamation mark next to it;

Network Controller- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0082&SUSYS_13218086&REV_34

Unknown Device- ACPI\SMO8810    

When I tried to download the driver for the wireless card an error message appeared and said your machine needs to be 32bit or great. The laptop has 64bit Windows 7 installed.

If you know how I can resolve this issue that would be great..

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 17th, 2013 05:00

Hi Jui01,

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check what can be done. To send a private message, click on my name and select send private message.

The Network controller Hardware ID you have specified is related to Intel Centrino advanced-n 6205 wireless card and the Unknown Device- ACPI\SMO8810 Hardware ID you have specified is related to ‘ST Microelectronics Free Fall Sensor’. Please let me know if you have performed any hardware changes on the system.

No Events found!