Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2010 18:00

Windows 7 and 370 Bluetooth problems

My Studio 1737 came with Vista and I purchased a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

I did a fresh install, went to the Dell website and downloaded all the drivers.  Everything works well except my Bluetooth.

I see the Bluetooth icon in my taskbar and the Bluetooth card is recognized in my Device Manager, but when I go to "add a device" it finds nothing. 

I have a Bluetooth Blackberry and Microsoft 5000 Bluetooth mouse that works on my other Dell Inspiron, but nothing with my Studio/windows 7.

I tried all the various Broadcom drivers in the other threads to no avail. I even popped the bottom off to make sure there was a Bluetooth card, and it was there.

Funny thing, if I do a Bluetooth discovery from my Blackberry, I see my laptop name. 

I tried to connect to the laptop, but the laptop didn't warn me about something trying to pair to it, nor did it work. 

I did have "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" checked off in my Bluetooth settings.

I have spent over 5 hours and about to give up. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2 Posts

February 12th, 2010 20:00

well i only have 4 hours into it... same prob...tech suppoort cut me off chat line after 30 min..

February 13th, 2010 08:00

Dell won't even help, unless I pay for support.- Ihave purchased over 30 laptops over the past few years for my business and this kind of response really puts them in a bad light.

I bought a refurb from Tigerdirect. Tigerdirect won't help me because I put windows 7 on it and it came with Vista. They weren't convinced that the problem wasn't the Bluetooth module. So I put Vista back on, everything worked, called back and they said; "its probably a driver issue" wait for Dell to put out a newer version.

I googled and found there are many instances of this issue, but no answers.

I have tried all the various drivers up to v6.2.0.9700_7a, which someone suggested worked for them (from Gateway's website) with no luck.

This is crazy..

I give up and will 'wait for a driver update'

April 28th, 2011 19:00

Just thought I would check in to see if anyone was able to resolve this, but it doesn't look like it.

No Events found!