Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

WA

May 9th, 2009 17:00

Windows 7 and Bluetooth

I have an XPS 630i desktop.  It came with the 355c bluetooth module installed.  I also have a pair of Sony DR-BT50 bluetooth headphones.

The computer came with Vista 64 installed.  I had a little trouble getting the headphones paired with the bluetooth module, but eventually got it to work.

I recently upgraded to the Windows 7 RC and I can't seem to get the headphones to receive sound from the module.  I can get it to connect fine just like it would under Vista, but when I play anything it plays through the speakers physically attached to the computer and not through the headphones.  There is a status light that blinks on the headphones, and it indicates that it is receiving sound from the computer.

The problem is definately not with the headphones.

Anyone have any experience with this issue?  I've tried downloading the latest version of the drivers for the module from Dell, but it I still can't get any sound from the headphones.

May 9th, 2009 18:00

Well I got it working by going into the control panel and playing around with making it the default device, and then making speakers the default device.

I don't know exactly what I did to get it working, but at this point, I don't care since I've been working on this since last night.

If anyone else has this problem, just play around with installing the device and playing around in the settings.  Hopefully it'll start working like mine did.

No Events found!