RE: Windows 8.1 Latitude E6430 Wireless Issues

Jump to solution

Hi,

On 10/14/2013 Dell officially released Dell Wireless 1540/1530 WiFi Driver and other drivers. Please install the drivers in the specified order (the video in the hyperlink applies to Windows 8 as well) and reply with the results.

Dell-Zohaib R
0 Kudos
murlimohanrao
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My machine is Dell M5010. It was originally having a Windows 7 64 Bit OS. I now upgraded it to 8.1. Will the same drivers as you mentioned work for my machine. I assume it would work if the wifi hardware is the same.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
ReidJG
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, the update did not resolve the issue. 

The update changed the driver version to 6.30.223.143 (8/6/2013) but the issue is still the same.

0 Kudos
cesaravila
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have installed the updated driver (Wireless 1540/1530) and it did not resolve the issue. 

Latitude E5430.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
drgreghall
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've been having the same problem with my Dell Latitude E6430.  I tried everything I found online with no luck.  I even applied all of the system updates that Dell rolled out this week (most dated 10/17/2013).  Nothing worked.  I found this today and it solved my problem (from http://blogs.technet.com/b/dennis_schnell/archive/2013/08/31/windows-8-1-wifi-showing-quot-limitied-...😞

Hi guys, i tried all the above methods but none of them worked for me. However i did find something that worked, which is to revert your network adapter driver back to an older version instead of the one installed by windows 8.1.

You can do this by going to device manager, right click on your network adapter, go to update driver, then "browse my computer for driver software, then"let me pick from a list of...." , uncheck the "show compatible hardware" checkbox and finally select the older version of current driver (if you dont know which, just use trial and error).

Hope this helps the rest who still have this problem.Cheers.

The specific driver that worked for my Dell Latitude E6430 was the Broadcom 802.11n 5.100.245.200 (dated 3/14/2012).

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for your input “drgreghall”. Let’s see if this fix works for other users in the forum.

My machine is Dell M5010. It was originally having a Windows 7 64 Bit OS. I now upgraded it to 8.1. Will the same drivers as you mentioned work for my machine. I assume it would work if the wifi hardware is the same.

@ murlimohanrao, Before upgrading to Windows 8.1 did you check the Windows 8.1 Pre-Update Checklist? Please go through the checklist and confirm if your computer qualifies for Windows 8.1 upgrade.

Dell-Zohaib R
0 Kudos
mhweb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

There is a follow up to this guide, you can find it here (http://pureinfotech.com/2013/10/26/fix-surface-wi-fi-limited-connectivity-problem-windows-81/). This new instructions will give an additional 7 ways to try to fix the Windows 8.1 wifi connectivity problem in your Surface tablet, but it wouldn't hurt trying them on any Windows PC.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
dmchyla
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Just wanted to say thanks - this was a frustrating problem and I'm glad I found this post. I could not connect to my work Wi-Fi until I switched to this same driver (Broadcom 802.11n 5.100.245.200, I have a Latitude E6420). Thanks for the solution.

0 Kudos
kmix
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks! This fixed the problem on my Latitude E6530 after upgrading to 8.1

0 Kudos
ReidJG
1 Copper

Jump to solution

drgreghall, thanks for the research on this one. It was a big help. I was able to use the Broadcom 802.11n 5.100.245.200 (dated 3/14/2012) driver with my E6430. I can now connect to my work wireless network. 

I appreciate everyone's contribution to this forum, however, this is a workaround for a bug in the current wireless drivers. In the end, hopefully Dell and/or Broadcom will release a stable driver that can support WPA2-Enterpise and PEAP authentication on Win 8.1. The Latitude line is a business laptop and needs to be able support more elaborate wireless configurations.

0 Kudos