Kru1
1 Copper

Wireless Adapter on Dell 15 3521

I recently installed Windows server 2008 on my Dell Inspiron15 3521 by accident while trying to put it on my VMware virtual machine for a class lab. Once I realized what I had done I installed Windows 7 ultimate because I needed a computer not a server. The installation went through smoothly but I can't connect to the internet. The only network adapter thats been shown is for Bluetooth and local ethernet connection. I've looked in device manager and didn't see it there. I've tried to download another adapter and drivers for it but nothing will install. Other devices that show up is saying they do not have drivers and when I try to find, install or update the drivers the installation fails. I've been on the Dell website and used my Service Tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> and my Express Service Code: <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy> and still can't find the right software or how to install it. Can someone please help me. 

Thank you in advance!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

RE: Wireless Adapter on Dell 15 3521

The Service Tag is listing multiple wireless cards, only 1 should be listed, please provide the hardware IDs of the network controllers:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-...

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos