Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 30th, 2009 13:00

Wireless Card for XPS 9000

I just bought a XPS 9000 and found out that I forgot to request Wireless card.  Since I placed the desktop on the upper level of the house and our ONLY internet connection is in the basement, I need to buy and install the wireless card.  What wireless cards are compatible with XPS 9000?  Is it difficult to install it by myself?

Thanks.

canton

January 20th, 2010 19:00

So I just bought a PCI network card for my XPS 9000 with 64bit Windows 7. I went to Best Buy and bought a Cisco/Linksys "Dual-Band Wireless-N PCI Adapter". It was a little pricey, but I figured I'd go for a good one. I installed it fine, even though it was my first time installing a PCI card, and Windows 7 picked up on it just fine. We've got a Netgear wireless-G router and I'm picking up the internet without a problem.

14.4K Posts

December 30th, 2009 13:00

Actually most any PCI, PCIe or usb adapter will work. The things to check on are

1. Try to match the card to the router. Get the same manufacture card as the router.

2. Is there driver support for your operating system. Remember in the case of windows 7 that most vista drivers will work just fine in 7

13 Posts

December 30th, 2009 23:00

I bought a Dell wireless card for XPS 9000 after I read your posting.   Since the operating system I have is Windows 7, I assumed that it has the driver support. 

Thanks.

January 19th, 2010 21:00

I have the exact same issue. Would you mind sharing what wireless card you got, how much it was, and how easy it was to install it?

13 Posts

January 20th, 2010 17:00

What type of wireless card have you used? What brand and model?

I would just like to take note of it.

It seems that there are some adapters in the market is having issues with Windows 7.

Is it working well with you computer?

Thanks

DrScott

No Events found!