kenny.wu
1 Copper

Re: Wireless Connection Issue | Latitude E6230

Jump to solution

Saharsh -

My laptop is detecting the network and I can see it has a strong signal (4 out of 5 bars).

I get the message saying I can unable to connect to the network.  When I tried to troubleshoot, it tells me I am not within range of the connection.

Let me know what else you need.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DELL-Saharsh K
4 Beryllium

Jump to solution

Hi Kenny,

Please share if you are getting this error message while connecting to every network or just with the hotel wireless network. Also, please share if you get the same error message when connecting to your home network.

Please delete the existing network profiles and create a new one. Here are the steps:

• Click Start->Control Panel, Select Network and Internet, and then click Network and Sharing Center.

• In the task list, please choose Manage wireless networks.

• In the Network table, please select the existing profiles and click Remove.

• You may see a warning dialog box, just click OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
0 Kudos
kenny.wu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Saharsh -

I receive the "not able to connect" message when I try to connect  to any public WiFi.  I tried it at the hotel and the airport but I was able to connect via my phone with no problems.

I am at home now and with my Microsoft Forefront disabled, I am still unable to connect to the wireless unless I am close to the router and my connect drops if I move 10 feet away.

I also tried your suggested steps in the above for my home network but the result is the same.

Any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
DELL-Saharsh K
4 Beryllium

Jump to solution

Hi Kenny,

It appears to be an issue with the Wireless Card. To isolate the issue further please try the below mentioned steps:

• Updating the BIOS:

• Click on the below link: http://dell.to/156THtK
    • Click on 'Download Now'.
    • Save the BIOS on your desktop.
    • Once the BIOS is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select 'Run as administrator'.
    • Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.

Note: Make sure the ac adapter is connected and the battery is charged 10% or above to update the BIOS. Also, disconnect all the external peripherals before updating the BIOS. All the programs should be closed and documents saved.

• Please try and connect to any unsecured wireless network and check if it works.
  • If you're comfortable opening the system, please try removing and reseating the wireless card. You may refer to the Owner's Manual for the instructions.

If the issue still persist, I would recommend that you restore the system back to factory settings and check functionality. Although, it would not make much of a difference, but its worth giving a shot. Please backup the data before doing that as it will lead to data loss. You refer to the link http://dell.to/1bHqmtN for instructions. Else, wireless card might need replacement.

Please reply with the findings.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
0 Kudos
kenny.wu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Saharah -

My issue is now resolved.  I had my IT team open up the laptop and discovered one of the wireless card connection was loose.  It is working fine once it was put back into place.

Thanks for all your help.

Kenny

DELL-Saharsh K
4 Beryllium

Jump to solution

Hi Kenny,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved and wireless is working fine. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance in future.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell