Highlighted
Natalolli
1 Copper

Wireless DW WLAN Card not working. Wireless adapter doesn't exit?

I'm gonna start this off with I don't know too much about computers.

I haven't installed anything new lately, nothing that would affect the wireless, but my wireless suddenly stopped working. My wireless has been working successfully for the past 2 years no problems till now. I have a Dell Latitude E6410 my computer is running Windows 7 32bit. When I open up  the DW WLAN Card Utility it says "There are currently no wireless adapters available and enabled. Please enable any available wireless adapters before accessing this configuration utility.  I tried reinstalling drivers for the wireless but my computer says "no compatible hardware found".

Also the under the wireless adapters section of Device Manager there isn't an adapter for wireless, but there is an unknown device.

Here's a View at my Device Manager

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/devicemanager.png/

I've tried to use computer restart magic but no luck there.

Also, my computer is running on a university network. My roommate's wireless is working fine. Also I've already system restored to a point where I know it was working, no luck...

Please Help!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Natalolli
1 Copper

Re: Wireless DW WLAN Card not working. Wireless adapter doesn't exit?

UPDATE: my wireless turns on sometimes; when I turn on my computer and it'll work for about  10 minutes but then it will disappear again. I have a DW1501 wireless-n Wlan half mini card. I changed the power management settings on it so that it wouldn't disable itself to save battery life, still no luck. at least the Ethernet works fine...  

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Re: Wireless DW WLAN Card not working. Wireless adapter doesn't exit?

Natalolli,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system?

Have you scanned for malware. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware update it and do a quick scan. Post back the log if it finds anything.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos