Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2008 04:00

Wireless LAN Problem in Dell D600

I am using Dell D600 with WINXP SP2. It detects the wireless network but it is unable to connect with it. I have tried all tools available on dell site but nothing worked.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this.

14.4K Posts

December 29th, 2008 05:00

Are you running with any security on the wireless? If so disable it and see if it will connect?

Temporarily disable your firewall/av and see if it will connect that way

Boot the computer to "Safemode with network support" and see if it will connect there.

5 Posts

December 29th, 2008 22:00

I have tried all, NO FIREWALL, NO ROUTER SECURITY, NO ANTIVIRUS & SAFEMODE WITH NETWOK SUPPORT.

The problem is same, It detects a network but can't connect.

14.4K Posts

December 30th, 2008 04:00

Starting to think that perhaps the card is bad.

Try running this WinSock XP FIX Just download it to you desktop and run it.

Also check in device manager to make sure that the adapter is showing correctly and with no errors next to is. 

5 Posts

December 30th, 2008 06:00

Tried the WinSock fix, but the problem is still there. Any other bright idea.

14.4K Posts

December 30th, 2008 12:00

Remove and reinstall your wireless drivers. Make sure you router has the latest firmware.

After that would suggest  a new wireless card.

1.7K Posts

December 30th, 2008 13:00

If it can see the wireless network, it is almost always a configuration problem (though it is occasionally a hardware problem with the card).

Is MAC address filtering enabled on the router you are trying to connect to?  If it is then you will need to add the MAC address of your wireless card to the list of allowed adapters.

5 Posts

January 3rd, 2009 05:00

I have tried reinstalling windows and all drivers. Actually its an Intel Centrino Machine with 2100 Network Connection Wireless Card.

I have tried drivers from Dell & Intel itself, have tried many configurations but of no USE. Then have read an article that sometime its due to Accesspoint or router (compatibility issue), so now I am trying to find a USB wireless Lan or a router to prove the theory.

Anyway thank you all for the help and if you find any info on this problem please let me know. The wireless router I am using is Zyxel, and my own HP Pavilion is working fine with it.

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2009 14:00

I'm having a somewhat similar problem with my D600. It has a Dell TrueMobile 1400 Dualband WLAN card and was working fine until I got a virus. I had to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows XP and all the drivers. I now get very inconsistent performance. Sometimes it connects just fine and other times not at all. Right now it is sitting next to the wireless router and saying low signal level, status unknown. Now, a few minutes later, it's fine with good signal strength. I'm pretty confident I have the right drivers installed so I don't kow where else to look.

14.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2009 15:00

when you reloaded the drivers did you follow this sequence of reloading them

When you look in Device manager are any devices shown with either a ! or X next to them

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2009 16:00

I followed no order whatsoever so that might be the problem. I don't have any ! or X on any devic. It appears I wasn't running the Wireless Zero Configuration service so I ran that and set 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" so we'll see how that goes.

5 Posts

January 4th, 2009 12:00

I again re-installed windows XP, and followed the sequence told by Dell but the result is the same as before. Wireless LAN is finding the network but not connecting.

As I told you people before I am using Intel Centrino 1.4Ghz, with Intel 2100 Wireless LAN.

I tried a Wireless USB LAN, but the internal Wireless LAN is giving a conflict.

I think, I will have a re-think. Will change router ETC and then will check like someone said that it should be router firmaware issue and I am not in the mood of router firmware upgrade, better to barrow one from someone and try.

If I come to a solution I will let you people know.

1.7K Posts

January 6th, 2009 08:00

Have you checked the route to see if MAC address filtering is enabled?  If it is, then the computer would not be able to connect unless the MAC address for the wireless card is entered into the list of allowed connections.

BTW, Centrino is a marketting name for a collection of hardware products.  It doesn't really tell us anything about your computer other than the fact that it has an Intel processor, chipset and wireless card.

1 Message

March 4th, 2010 07:00

Davet50,

Could you tell me please how to Boot the computer to "Safemode with network support" ?

(I too have a Dell D600 Latitude that recognizes my Network but will not connect to it wirelessly.)

I use a Belkin G router.

Thank you, Steve,.

14.4K Posts

March 4th, 2010 08:00

boot the computer, At the Big Dell Splash screen tap the F8 key this will bring you a menu. select the option to boot into safe mode with network support

1 Message

August 21st, 2012 23:00

my DELL D600 lan network port is not working well, but i have drive the driver it work for the first time but is not working anymore, and the driver is not showing on the driver manager, and the wireless is working, please what is the problem????

No Events found!