Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2013 18:00

Wireless Network Adapter Not Present Inspiron 15 3521

I just received a new Dell Inspiron 15 3521, 320gb.

I initially activated the product and everything went smoothly; wifi was present unpon activation and all was well. I had recently bought a new 750gb hard drive and decided to replace the existing hard drive with the larger one. I reinstalled Windows 8(64 bit), but I realized that I was unable to detect any wireless connection; the installation process bypassed the Wireless set up screen. When I clicked on the wifi icon, it stated no connection was available. I am only able to get internet access by connecting directly to the router.

I went into device manager and found that there was no wireless adapter under the Network Adapter tab. I went to the dell website to download any available wireless drivers for windows 8. I downloaded and tried all of them, but the problem sill remains unresolved. Under the network adapter tab, there are two Bluetooth adapters, Microsoft Kernel, and Realtek PCIe.

I am stuck, and do not know what to do. I think I have exhausted all of my options, so here I am seeking help. Please help me.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 5th, 2014 03:00

soorojit,

Your system is under warranty, Contact Dell Technical Support

Rick

March 10th, 2014 04:00

Dear Friend,

i was also suffering form the same problem but this has been resolved now, so i am sharing here the steps that need to be followed to connect wi fi with your system:

1. go to www.dell.co.in

2. go from support option to for home option

3. enter your service tag no. and submit it

4. then click on get drivers & download and select all drivers

5. from the list of drivers catgory , select network

6. therafter select the download file option

7. the click on first option - Update Package for Microsoft® Windows®-Network_Driver_W9F25_WN_12.0.0.7850_A04.EXE

8. download and run the file

9. just restart your system

10. press Fn+F2 key simultaneously , the wifi icon will be shown there

11. just give the service key (password) and use the wifi connection

10 Posts

April 19th, 2014 08:00

Ravi I am having this same problem with the refurbished computer you gave me. I can only get internet by plugging into the router. There are no Wireless drivers, only blue tooth. I tried to install two new drivers from the dell support page and it stops in the middle and says " activiate Bluetooth..." I try that and nothing happens. Please let me know how to fix this

4 Posts

September 18th, 2014 20:00

Oh YAY.  I see this is a known issue.  I need that right now like I need rabies. 

Same problem as everyone else more or less - I bought a new Inspiron 3521 with Win8, hated it, put Linux Mint on instead & it worked fine.  BUT now that I need to use this laptop for business I need it to be on Windows, so I bought Win 7 64-bit HP and installed it, but it's not finding drivers for the Ethernet controller, Network controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller, USB Controller, or USB2.0-CRW.  I also think, but can't prove, that it needs a different video driver, since the video is very fuzzy compared to what it looked like in Mint.

Anyway, I can't connect this laptop to the internet in any way shape or form in order to d/l the drivers, even IF I could find all of them, which I can't, since the FTP page linked to at the top of the thread is now dead.

Can anyone help?  I am FREAKING b/c I have an important business trip coming up at the end of the week and I *must* have a functioning laptop that isn't running the useless Windows 8!

ANY help or advice would be much appreciated!

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 19th, 2014 06:00

Provide the hardware IDs so I can identify the hardware variants such as the wireless card:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/

After getting these I can make up a driver set for you in the correct install order.

October 3rd, 2014 07:00

Were you ever able to solve this?  Having the same problem, spent all night trying to fix it with the same exact scenario as yours.  Nothing but problems with this laptop since a few months after we bought it.  Had to wipe it clean, reinstall Windows 8 and now no drivers.  Installation fails, exactly as yours.  Hard lined it into the router.

Thank you -

10 Posts

November 26th, 2014 09:00

All I got from Dell Support was "pay us and we will fix it.".  So I wrote a personal letter by regular mail to Michael Dell.  So then they hooked up remotely and fixed it for free.  It took them a long time.  Apparently this model had a different board than what Dell support has listed.  That is why the recommended driver did not work.  Since the wireless part of the computer was different from what was listed, it would never work.  The tech finally figured out what wireless device was in the laptop and loaded the correct driver.  Looking back on it, when I got this refurbished computer, the proper quality control checks were not done properly.  The problem should have been revealed before shipping.

4 Posts

November 26th, 2014 09:00

Hello, I am having this same issue for 3 days now with no help from dell support, could you please help me??

November 26th, 2014 10:00

The wireless/bluetooth card is bad.  Two things we had to do to our daughter's laptop, after a year of the most frustrating attempts to update, reinstall, yodda yodda yodda - added 2 GB of memory and replaced the wireless/bluethooth card ($30).  EASY.  I installed it myself - there is a youtube video online (apparently problem enough for someone to create a youtube video).

The laptop has been nothing but problems since we bought it and we too tried to get it fixed under warranty but Dell was worthless.  No service.  We went through everything and then suddenly thought - perhaps the card is bad.  Yes.  Simple.

4 Posts

November 26th, 2014 10:00

Ho do I update my driver without being online? It says Problem with the driverdriver for the wireless adaptor

1 Message

February 1st, 2015 01:00

"I reinstalled Windows 8(64 bit), but I realized that I was unable to detect any wireless connection; the installation process bypassed the Wireless set up screen. When I clicked on the wifi icon, it stated no connection was available. I am only able to get internet access by connecting directly to the router. I went into device manager and found that there was no wireless adapter under the Network Adapter tab. I went to the dell website to download any available wireless drivers for windows 8. I downloaded and tried all of them, but the problem sill remains unresolved"     

I am having the same problem I have loaded drivers but no luck .  do I need anything other than the  wireless card driver as there is no wireless device detected .  service tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>    help please

1 Message

June 17th, 2015 22:00

<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 26th, 2015 08:00

When you upgrade/reinstall/install an operating system, the drivers need installed in the correct order.

How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

August 5th, 2015 10:00

why would you wish that this post be private?  I am having the same problems I can not connect to the internet can't kow if this is virus

December 7th, 2015 04:00

I was going through a post regarding Networking issue and after performing system test on my Dell (Service Tag- get the message,"Networking-The system is unable to detect wireless networks", however pertinent to mention that I am connected to the Wify and it is working fine as I have jacked it up in my laptop.But when I simultaneously press fn+F2 keys I get a red cross on the icon of a tv with a red cross.Please would be obliged if you could help.Thanks

No Events found!