Highlighted
maze06
1 Nickel

Re: Wireless card seems slow on my XPS 14z

I had a technician from Dell come by my House and he did switch the wireless card wit no success.

I need that Laptop to travel and he told me that if we ll complain to Dell, they would write a new driver. I just do not have that much time to wait. He also told me he would inform Dell, but they have not replied yet?

Any ideas out there, what is here to do or do we have to send those faulty laptops back?

I already spend so much time on it trying to figure it out and have put my Software and Documents on it?

What a shame that none of Dell people saw this coming?

0 Kudos
vevola
1 Nickel

Search for and Open "Device Manager"

Under "Network adapters", select your Intel adapter > right click, Properties > Advanced > Ad Hoc Channel 802.11 b/g (at least that's what mine has!)

0 Kudos
Aidas_Bernotas
1 Nickel

I made a call to Dell to request full refund for my XPS 14z nobody sorted any problems with that laptops model. Next week someone coming to collect from me that laptop. I like that laptop style, but I can't stay with this problems, specialy when hyou spend €900

0 Kudos
maze06
1 Nickel

That is too bad. Will have to do the same. I cannot believe that they have not figured out the problem, in 6 weeks,

0 Kudos
odietamo
1 Nickel

what is worse is that the same issue with the 15z has been reported for over five months, yet Dell is even to aknowledge the problem. Every contact I had with Dell support, they deal with it like if it was an isolated incident. I am waiting for my second replacement but I am not hopeful. A true shame, because the laptop itself is pretty good.

0 Kudos
peterberger
1 Nickel

When I replace the Intel N 6230 for an Atheros AR9285 the wireless connection (range and speed) is OK.

So it's not an antenna issue. It must be either:

- Defective N 6230.

- Dell specific issue with N 6230 (firmware/bios/driver).

- A wireless/router specific issue with N 6230.

Is there anyone in this thread that has experienced this issue with a brand new wireless router?

0 Kudos
Fompe
1 Nickel

@peterberger. I have this issue on my brand new Netgear Wireless-N router but also at my work and several other locations speed is significantly lower than my old laptop so I do not think it is a router problem.

0 Kudos
Aidas_Bernotas
1 Nickel

I agree with peterberger, it's not work Intel N6230 with dell laptops. I thinking change wireless card to Atheros also. Just quick question to peterberger: did you have problem with sound: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback link to this problem: en.community.dell.com/.../19412524.aspx

because I got this problem also on my XPS 14z but some people fixed when they disable the wireless card. I have did disable on wireless card but still have a problem with sound just maybe not that often when wireless card was enable. So maybe if you make change Intel N 6230 to Atheros it will fix both problems: wireless signal and sound?

0 Kudos
peterberger
1 Nickel

@aidas

No I did not have a problem with sound.

0 Kudos
odietamo
1 Nickel

@peterberger, when you say connection with Atheros AR928 is OK, do you mean that is acceptable or that is very good (as it would be for other laptops)?

I assume that Dell didn't provide you with the Atheros. Did you tell them about the change in performance so that they become aware of the possibility the issue may be with the card after all?

I hope this is good news. thanks

0 Kudos