Fompe
1 Nickel

Re: Wireless card seems slow on my XPS 14z

Thanks for your help Joe-G but I did all that and my connection is still terribly slow. I wonder why there is no further response from Dell...

0 Kudos
Joe-G
1 Copper

Oh! another thing i did do was go into my router settings, and instead of having it set to auto for the channel i picked something specific.

0 Kudos
odietamo
1 Nickel

The 'blind' Dell troubleshooting continues. They seem to approach it like this wasn't a known issue by now.

Today I had my "wifi inverter board" replaced. That seems to have made the problem worst.

Now Dell is offering to replace the whole system a second time. I only wish they confirmed that 'something' is different in the new system (i.e. "we had problem with a batch of 6230s but these ones are new and working")

will let you know when the third system comes in

0 Kudos
Fompe
1 Nickel

I am truly disappointed in Dell not doing anything about this problem. I just ordered a Intel 6200 at my own expense. I will let you know how that works out.

0 Kudos
peterberger
1 Nickel

@Joe-G. The standard Intel driver drastically improves performance at close range, but the range still is very poor.

0 Kudos
maze06
1 Nickel

Yes, same here. How long until Dell is going to fix this?

Fompe
1 Nickel

As mentioned above, I installed an Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 (so different than 6200) but still get the same slow speeds. The problem must be in the antennas and shielding. I am going to return my system.

0 Kudos
Aidas_Bernotas
1 Nickel

I have same problem with my new XPS 14z. It's looks even if you get replaced laptop from dell didn't fix that problem. So it's may all laptop with Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 have that problem.

Can I change Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 wireless card to other card for example to Atheros?

Dell can you send a manual how to change wireless card to XPS 14z

0 Kudos
somms
3 Zinc

I have same problem with my new XPS 14z. It's looks even if you get replaced laptop from dell didn't fix that problem. So it's may all laptop with Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 have that problem.

Can I change Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 wireless card to other card for example to Atheros?

Dell can you send a manual how to change wireless card to XPS 14z

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xpsL412z/en/om/minicard.htm#wp1189423

0 Kudos
peterberger
1 Nickel

@Terry: How about 39 pages!!! with people having the same issue with their 15z laptops?

en.community.dell.com/.../19382502.aspx

You Dell guys should start taking this seriously. No more smalltalk please. In my case the OEM Intel driver did improve performance at close range to the access point. But the range is far, and I mean FAR below an acceptable level. I've tried different setting under the advance tab in the device manager to improve things, but without result.

0 Kudos