Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 12th, 2007 15:00

Wireless connection says Internal configuration is inconsistent

I am using Inspiron T2500 on Windows Vista.  When I try to connect to wireless it says
"Internal configuration is inconsistent.  Please restart the machine to resolve the problem".  Restarting is not solving the issue.  Even my bluetooth is also not connecting.  Please advise.

Thanks

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2007 16:00

I'm getting the same error message on a D620 Latitude, Windows XP, using the R151517 version of the wireless software.  Anybody replied yet?

Thanks

JRC

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2007 18:00

I did a workaround that worked.  I enabled the WZC (Wireless Zero Configuration) service and used Windows to configure the wireless instead of the Dell utility.  You do have to kind of drill down into advanced buttons etc. to find the settings, but it does work on this (finicky) network.

November 12th, 2008 22:00

I tried that work around, but it just keeps changing back. Every time I want to go online I have to restart the wzc service and reselect the option. It appears the Dell service is shutting off the wzc service. Only does that on one of my two dells.

1.7K Posts

November 13th, 2008 11:00

In Vista you should be using Windows to manage the connection.  Is the Dell Wireless Utility set to manage the connection?

November 14th, 2008 18:00

Good advice in general I suspect. For those of us experiencing this error message though (vista or xp) the system is not allowing us to change it to windows and keep it there. I have to reset the option every time I boot the computer or bring it out of hybernation. PIA, but there is a perminant solution posted here which I intend to try this week. I'll be posting on whether or not it worked for me.

David

1.7K Posts

November 17th, 2008 12:00

For those of you having the problem, can you post the following for me:

* Wireless card model
* Dell Wireless Utility version
* Windows version (and service pack)

I'll get this info back to the software guys and see if we can figure out whats happening.

November 26th, 2008 06:00

Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card

Dell Version: A22   Driver Version: 4.170.77.3   Application Version: 4.170.77.18(from readme file)

Vista: Version 6.0(Build 6001: Service Pack 1)

I am having the same problem as listed above.

1.7K Posts

December 15th, 2008 11:00

I remember seeing this problem a few weeks before the transition to the new site.  Those threads are still here in this forum and you should be able to find them doing a search for "internal configuration is inconsistent".  IIRC, we did find a fix for it and posted it in the thread.

1 Message

December 15th, 2008 11:00

Is there a resolution to this problem yet?  I'm having the same issue.

- Latitude D830 with Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-card

- Driver version: 4.170.77.3

- Application version: 4.170.77.18

- Windows XP SP2

1 Message

December 15th, 2008 13:00

I don't see the other threads for the fix.  Please post the link.

Why did this all of a sudden happen?  What did Microsoft or Dell do?  My wireless link has been working fine for 1.5 years on this computer and now all of a sudden myself and others have this problem?  Probably not a coincidence.

1.7K Posts

December 15th, 2008 14:00

There were three or four threads going on all at once in this forum, and I can only find the one that was the longest, but didn't post a fix.  I could swear it was a simple thing, too, like either a driver update or a BIOS setting but I can't remember what it is now.  Maybe one of the others that regularly post in this forum (or someone that fixed it) can remember it.

December 15th, 2008 15:00

Is there a modem build in the XPS M1330

I find a pleas for the mobile chips under the battery, so can anyone help me how this will work and should I have special software or not.

thanx.

No Events found!