Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2009 05:00

Wireless connects with "Limited or No Connectivity" whenever resuming from Standby on an XPS 1530

I recently purchased a new Dell XPS x1530 from Best Buy and it has the Dell wireless internal adapter 1505 and Vista 64-bit.  After I close the lid or use the Standby hotkey combo and then return from standby the wireless is unable to connect again.  I have to either right click on the network icon and disconnect and then reconnect or flip the wireless switch off and then back on before it will connect again. 

I double checked to make sure I'm using the most recent driver available from Dell.com.  I have also installed all Microsoft updates for Vista x64.  Does anybody have any ideas or thoughts on this bug, it's rather anoying!  (For the record I tried using the cr@ptastic search feature on this forum and it came back with about 3,500 results which I browsed for half an hour before giving up on finding any posts of relevence to my issue)

5 Posts

February 3rd, 2009 13:00

The issue is probably to do with the system turning the minicard off.

To resolve this:

1. Hit Start and type "device manager". Press Enter.

2. Click the + sign next to the "Network Adapter" text in the list that is displayed.

3. Right click on the adapter that isn't working (1505) and click Properties.

4. Click on the Power Management tab.

5. Untick the box captioned "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

6. Click OK and test it out.

Hope this helps!

James.

No Events found!