Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2013 18:00

Wireless keeps dropping and slow internet on my new Inspiron 15R Special Ed.

I recently bought a new Inspiron 15R Special Edition less than 3 weeks ago. It has recently started playing up with the internet. I've reset the router, and deleted and reconnected to the internet connection but it has stayed the same.

I have also been having problems with some computer programs. McAfee and windows threat both decided to shut down along with the firewalls. The security seems to be up and running now but my firewall doesn't seem to want to turn on.

Hopefully someone can help as I'm worried it's a technical problem and I rely on a laptop for the end of term to finish all my work.

Thanks

1.3K Posts

April 12th, 2013 19:00

Hi Shadowkatt,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

Please click on the link below to update wireless drivers for your Dell 15R SE. The Operating System option should be selected correctly in order to install the driver.

http://dell.to/W6HeSM

This second link shows how to install the drivers in the correct order:

http://dell.to/X1IKGu

Please reply if you have any further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

April 13th, 2013 02:00

Hi Shadowkatt,

Is that Intel Centrino 1030 wireless card? Check in Device manager.

1.3K Posts

April 15th, 2013 16:00

Hi Shadowkatt,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic.

If you are still facing issues with your Dell Laptop, please try the following steps:

- Right-click the 'Computer' icon on the desktop or from the 'Start menu'
- Click 'Manage'
- Click 'Device Manager'
- Click the + sign to expand the 'Network Adapters' entry
- Right-click the wireless adapter (Intel wireless or Dell wireless) and click 'Properties''
- Click the 'Advanced' tab to configure the advanced settings
- Select Power Management, uncheck Default / Auto, and move the slider to Highest / Maximum Performance.
Note: If the slider is already at Highest / Maximum Performance, move the slider to another setting and then back to Highest / Maximum Performance

Click on advanced. Look for antenna diversity, some adapters have it and some don't. Since we don't know your adapter, look and if your adapter has Antenna diversity, change it from Auto to Aux.

Use this step if Intel Wireless card is installed:

- The following adapter settings can be found under the Advanced menu. Please match the settings with the values given below:

Property Value
802.11n channel width for band 2.4 Auto (not in 20 MHz only)
802.11n channel width for band 5.2 Auto (not in 20 MHz only)
802.11n mode Enabled
Fat channel intolerant Disabled
Roaming aggressiveness Highest
Throughput enhancement Disabled
Transmit power Highest
Wireless mode 802.11a/b/g

- Click 'Ok' to save settings and re-check the wireless performance.

Hope this resolves the issue for you,

If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

April 17th, 2013 16:00

Hi Shadowkatt,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

No Events found!