Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 26th, 2016 01:00

Wireless network connection problem

Good day,

I have a wireless network connection problem and I ask for help in solving it.
What surprises me that this problem appeared suddenly, I used to connect to WIFI properly but two days ago my laptop unable to connect to WIFI anymore.

Other devices and computers connect successfully so I think the problem in my laptop.
I didn't make any changes on my laptop neither windows,antivirus,drivers.. updates nor installed any new software.
Windows troubleshooting detected " router or access point issues."
- Resetting the router didn't solve the problem
- Network adapter is enable.
- Wireless adapter status "works properly " and "up to date."

I read a solution in this web-site , that was to change the properties of the wireless adapter but the mentioned changes doesn't appear in my laptop driver..

* My laptop info. :
DELL INSPIRON 3521
Windows 7 - 64 bit
Dell WIreless 1703 802.11b/g/n(5.2GHz)

Sorry for make this long, I appreciated any help.
Thanks in advance.

1.8K Posts

January 27th, 2016 09:00

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your laptop to a time before this issue started via a Windows 7 Restore Point?  If it's a setting or software change this restore point may help resolve whatever is causing the problem.

I would also make sure, when you're resetting the router, to make sure you let it sit for at least 30 seconds to one minute before plugging the power back in.  You may need to do it a few times to clear out it's memory to be able to connect. 

Also, have you updated the drivers for the wireless card?  What driver version is currently installed in the system?  You can go to our support site, key in your service tag, and click on Drivers & Downloads to find the driver for your wireless card.  

Lastly, have you tried to clear out the wireless profiles that are currently stored in your system?   If you delete the current wireless profile (which is controlling your connection to that router), reboot your system, and try connecting again Windows will rebuild the profile and hopefully allow you to connect again. 

Let me know if any of this helps.  In order to help troubleshoot this more efficiently please click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of your system.  Please keep all troubleshooting and discussions on this open thread so that others can find information they need in order to resolve their problems.

Todd

3 Posts

January 27th, 2016 01:00

Hello,

I have a problem in connecting my dell laptop to a wireless network.
What surprises me that this problem appeared suddenly 3 days ago.
I didn't make any changes on my laptop neither windows,antivirus,drivers...update nor any new software or program installation.

Other devices connect properly to the same network via same router , so I concluded that the problem in my laptop.

Windows troubleshooting detected " network adapter or access point issues."

The wireless driver properties shows that device status " works properly " and " up to date".
* Resetting the router - the problem still exist.
* Disable/enable DELL wireless driver - the problem still exist.
* Update the wireless driver - the problem still exist.
* Install new wireless driver software (compatible with the driver , from dell website) - the problem still exist.

Also, I tried to follow  steps mentioned in this website about changing parameters of the wireless driver, but the mentioned ones aren't the same in my laptop.

Dell laptop information:
DELL Inspiron 3521
Windows 7
Dell Wireless 1703 802.11 b/g/n(2.4GHz) driver.

Sorry for making this long, I appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance

3 Posts

January 29th, 2016 04:00

Dear Mr. Todd,

First of all; thanks for your cooperation.

My wireless connection problem was solved.
Here what I did:
1- Restore windows to a determined restore point - a date I chose.
2- Remove the network profile then connect it again.

1 Message

May 22nd, 2018 12:00

I replace the third wireless card and it will not see any router , Is there an switch in N5110 ? that is accidental switch off ?

October 20th, 2020 10:00

I'm having issues connecting to the Wi-Fi. Troubleshooting made me reset the network adapter settings but I still had the same problem. I use a Dell XPS 13 9300

No Events found!