Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2011 00:00

Wireless not working on a Dell Studio 1558 running Windows 7 Home premium

My laptop is unable to connect to any wireless connection, i have tried to switch the wireless on via the mobility centre. When I try and view any of the wireless networks nothing shows.

The usb modem I have works and so does the wired LAN.

The device manager says evrything is ok, It looks like I have a 1397 WLan mini port adapter

Any help would be appreciated

D

4 Posts

April 10th, 2012 19:00

seems i have the same issue.. running windows 7 wirless not detected but the lan's working fine.. downloded dirves throws up an error 

4 Posts

May 11th, 2012 10:00

Ok, my issue was solved.. I have a dell studio 1558.. This might be complicated but i had to do these steps to make my wireless work. If your driver is not compatible then that's definitely not the right one for your system.. Assuming you have a laptop, remove the latop casing and look for you wlan card and there should  be a number on it.. type the number in google to find the right driver.. Or give me more specifications of your computer il try to find the right one for you?

4 Posts

as you said your device manger is fine, you have the right driver..Make Sure

to  check for any unknown device in your device manger again.

Solutions:

Check your network adaptor ..

should be 2 adaptors. Make sure the wireless adaptor is

enabled.. post me for steps .

3 Posts

I am having the same problem. I had to reset my computer and re-install OS and drivers from a disc and from the available drivers via dell website, but keep getting a "system not compatible" type error message when I try to download drivers relating to my wireless capability. I have something called "WiMax" that is up and running but that is not the same thing I had before (the ability to connect my PC to wireless connections on modem).

Hopefully someone finds a solution.

3 Posts

May 11th, 2012 15:00

Thank you very much! I think that did it! Looking at the card for the number hadn't crossed my mind. How lame of me is that?

2 Posts

April 1st, 2017 22:00

my OS is windows 10. but day before yesterday its working properly.

2 Posts

April 1st, 2017 22:00

my wifi not working. its showing wifi device not connected also showing some error in device manager driver.

No Events found!