Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2009 16:00

Worse support website ever

The latest changes to the support website, especially the download of drivers, is the stupidest interface I have ever seen. It used to be kind of easy, now it's a world of clicks that lead no where. How dare you Dell screw with tech installers' time like this. Do you even you look at./ use your own website? I will never recommend another Dell. Your support website is an insult to the profession. And you make it impossible to contact you. Well, we won't contact you. I give up.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 21st, 2009 05:00

Hey, at least you don't think Dell is the worst.

47 Posts

drabelais - Jeff here - I am sorry for your displeasure. Please send me the details of your issue. I will do my best to help you.

Respectfully, Jeff

47 Posts

drabelais - Jeff here again-this is not a "Support Site", this is a Dell Commnty Forum. The TECHS here are not "paid" techs. We are merely folks that are trying to help other folk because we LIKE TO HELP. We receive NO Compensation for doing this. If you are still on warranty please go to "Dell Support" for possibly a better, faster answer. If you are "off-warranty" it will cost you. You can also contact them by phone.

We're doing our best...

Respectfully,

Jeff

47 Posts

October 21st, 2009 06:00

osprey4 - Jeff here - I just started trying to help as a Tech early morning on the 20'th. I'm focusing on the older requests, regardless of the POST POINTS.

Thanks for the recognition. I would appreciate any input that you have to this problem. I want to make this forum better.

Jeff

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 21st, 2009 10:00

Hi, Jeff:

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm not entirely sure, but the OP's comments seem to pertain to the support site specifically, not the forum. I have seen the support site go through quite a few iterations and don't personally have any gripes with the current layout. The forum layout went through a major overhaul about a year ago. There's been quite a bit of discussion about that, not much of it positive. So the Dell moderators are working on some changes to improve things.

Feel free to PM me if you want to know more.

47 Posts

October 21st, 2009 11:00

Thanks partner. Jeff

3 Posts

October 22nd, 2009 07:00

the worst thing about the new interface is that it will give you an option whether to use download manager or browser.

When the pop up shows up to give you a choice between download manager and browser this will cause browsers to freez up most of the time. 

Also another annoying thing is that when you decided to use the dell download manager it would not give you an option to save but only to execute the file.

Have you considered downloading drivers from another computer?

October 22nd, 2009 07:00

this is absolutely true...

even i experienced the same when i tried to download the drivers using the dell download manager...

i saved it and then when i execute it i get an error... tried about 10times... dont know what went wrong...

then again i tried downloading using browser and it started downloading... but the speed of downloading is rather very sick....

see guys why dont you people give the customers a driver cd..... its just gonna cost u 1$... or even less now a days... for a cd....

these retailer when we go there and ask them for a driver cd... they charge us 10$.... those with the internet connection dont have to worry... then can download easily..

but it has become rather difficult even for them now...

what is wrong with u guys....

the operating system cd.. and driver cd... is a must.... with out them what can any one who dont have a internet connection do..................

2.4K Posts

October 22nd, 2009 17:00

Always choose to download by browser and you can save file and execute.

If you chose the download manager first, then you have to delete your cookies for it to prompt you again with the choice of download manager and browser.

1 Message

November 16th, 2009 15:00

I received a Dell order fr 3 laptops that have been incorrectly configured from my original basket. I have spoken to 16 people over 2hours on the phone and had been cut off 3 times. I always recommended Dell to customers and friends. NEVER EVER again. Support is as good as none, a one way dead end road! Impossible to get anyone in the right dept and not possible to ever esculate a call! ding dong DELL.

No Events found!