Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 27th, 2011 20:00

XPS 8300 brand new connects to the Broadcom Netlink Communication card only after rebooting 3-4 times at cold-start.

Hi,

I just bought an XPS 8300 brand new.

After woeking OK a few days, now it connects to the Broadcom Netlink Communication card only after rebooting 3-4 times at cold-start.

Anybody experiencing the same problem?

All the other home computers are connecting from the first shot. (two laptops and another desktop. They much slower computers.

At the begining I have re-installed the driver (from DVD and downloaded), but not this is the problem.

The computer has to get a bit warm.

When it does not connect, the Dell Test tool DOES NOT SEE (does not appear in the test list) the Broadcom NetLink Gigabite Ethernet card.

I am a bit dissapointed, it is a brand new computer, I expected more than problems from the very begining.

Thanks, Cristian, Montreal, Canada

41 Posts

February 5th, 2012 15:00

firewire not working after sleep

How did firewire get into an "internal NIC not being found" thread?

8 Posts

February 6th, 2012 20:00

I spent another hour+ today on phone with dell support.  Mainly called to see if we could resolve why my USB 3.0 port was not working - but in the process now have my ethernet working, without having to completely shut down. The issue was first resolved by the tech suggesting I not let my computer hibernate or sleep (since I told him I lost the connection when this happened, but could get it back with a complete shut down).  So I decided to experiment - let my computer sleep, but not hibernate (or hybrid) - things are good so far.

9 Posts

February 11th, 2012 09:00

Bought my 8300 XPS in August, same deal. Slowly NIC is getting worse. Have same issue as everyone else. Still looking for solution

9 Posts

February 11th, 2012 10:00

I finally decided to call Dell on January 17th.  After a few questions they decided to send a technician to change the motherboard.  Two days later it was changed.  After 1 month of use, it's still working well.  Let's hope it's for good...

Sylvain.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 14th, 2012 05:00

Langage : French

A priori si on fait une petite synthése, 2 solutions possibles:

- remplacement de la carte mére par DELL

- mise en place d'une carte Gigabit Intel sur bus pci express

En ce qui me concerne, et même si je suis encore sous garantie, j'ai opté pour la mise en place d'une carte Gigabit Intel. Je vous confirme au bout de 1 1/2 mois que j'ai 100% de réussite.

Il n'empêche que DELL n'a toujours pas expliqué pourquoi cette problématique commune à tant de personnes. Je considére l'attitude de DEL déplorable vis à vis de tous les gens concernés par cette problématique.

41 Posts

February 19th, 2012 11:00

Can you elucidate? A motherboard replacement fixed fault for a short time or not at all? what was the remote fix and was it that or motherboard change that gave you 3 week fix?

8 Posts

February 19th, 2012 11:00

The same problem: reboot several times and Ethernet card is detected. This started in 2 months and keeps happening after remote fix and then after motherboard replacement and then after another remote fix. Support resolves issue for 1 to 3 weeks. Time to change horse?

8 Posts

February 19th, 2012 18:00

It did help. I checked that  wired connection was available always during  about 10 days. Remote fix was updating drivers and registry change.

8 Posts

February 19th, 2012 18:00

I had replacement. It worked for 10 days or so.

8 Posts

February 19th, 2012 19:00

Well, this is about what I suggested to Dell. Send Network PCI card to suffering users and take responsibility instead of motherboard replacement with another defective motherboard. Seems they don't much care.

5 Posts

March 3rd, 2012 09:00

I'm also having the same issue.  Started around late November.  Usually can get connectivity back by unplugging and replugging ethernet cable and reboot.

8 Posts

March 3rd, 2012 16:00

Had motherboard replaced on Feb. 10. Still working, but the posts here make me realize it's likely temporary.  There's just so much cheap junk being used in PCs (not just Dell's) - it's amazing anything works for 2 months.  Trying to get my dvd drive to work with the manual eject button, which is just cheap plastic on the front of the XPS - I'd be ashamed to let something like that out the door if I were Dell.  But there's not much shame being felt out there.

March 4th, 2012 08:00

Do yourself a favor and forget about any meaningful help from Dell.  Just get a PCIe NIC card.  I went through 4 months of aggravation before coming to this conclusion.

9 Posts

March 4th, 2012 08:00

I did the same $20 NIC and problem finally solved, without assistance.

9 Posts

March 6th, 2012 17:00

I also had the motherboard replaced in January.  The problem reappeared last week (Groundhog Day !)

I gave a call to Dell and still hoping for a new clue.

Sylvain.

No Events found!