Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2013 19:00

XPS 8500 Unidentified Network Problem

Today i had my internet provider come out to replace our router due to lack of range. My old one was a Motorola which i was connected to just fine. Now we have a Arris which i can not get past the "unidentified network". I have gone on Dell's web page and scanned for drive updates and have done all that popped up and also today have done a factory reset of my computer. I am 100% stumped and have no idea what else i can try. My Tech Warranty ran out 2 weeks ago so i cant call dell all the do is try to sell me the service even when i say i don't have the money. So please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

249 Posts

August 5th, 2013 04:00

Hi Corey15314,

Good day and welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out to us and am sorry to hear about the trouble. Try uninstalling the drivers completely and re-install using this link http://dell.to/12QP7Pr. Let me know how it goes. Glad to help.

Thanks and Regards,

5 Posts

August 5th, 2013 17:00

Thank you for the reply. Which drivers do i uninstall? And where are they found?

5 Posts

August 5th, 2013 18:00

i uninstalled the Dell wireless driver. Re-installed it. Didn't work still unidentified.

5 Posts

August 6th, 2013 17:00

Still looking for help.

5 Posts

August 7th, 2013 18:00

bump

249 Posts

August 8th, 2013 01:00

Hi Corey15314,

Have you tried connecting other devices to the same network? And are they able to connect with Arris? You can run the system diagnostics to identify any Hardware failure with the system. Just restart and tap F12 on dell logo. Let me know of the results.

Thanks and Regards,

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 8th, 2013 03:00

Corey15314,

Please continue with DELL-Andrew F

Start, control panel, network and sharing center, manage wireless networks.

What do you see there? Can you provide a screenshot?

Rick

No Events found!