Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2013 06:00

XPS L702 wireless icon in task bar does not change

Hello.  I am able to connect to the internet wireless.  The wireless icon does it't thing.  The blue dot rotates and moves about but instead of showing a connection, just the signal bars showing, it shows a landline connection with a red X over it.  This happened after one of those many Windows updates.  I know I could try a reset to an earlier boot however, I made too many changes, installs and such that I don't want to loose any of it.  There has to be a workaround for this lousy problem.  I though of perhaps deleating my wireless connection and reinstalling it from the modem on up to the router.  I just don't want to  keep digging a hole!  Ya know what, I relly miss my apple computer which I fianlly gave up on because the price was overwhelming.  Thanks for any help.  Rich

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 3rd, 2013 10:00

Rich,

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER, if using XP, run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Rick

3 Posts

February 4th, 2013 04:00

I am using Norton 360

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 4th, 2013 08:00

Rich,

This will get you to Nortons firewall settings.

Providing Finding System Information REMOVING YOUR PRODUCT ID AND REGISTER OWNER and/or an ipconfig /all log can help to provide information about your wireless adapter and it's connection.

Rick

No Events found!