marine9334
1 Copper

XPS L702 wireless icon in task bar does not change

Hello.  I am able to connect to the internet wireless.  The wireless icon does it't thing.  The blue dot rotates and moves about but instead of showing a connection, just the signal bars showing, it shows a landline connection with a red X over it.  This happened after one of those many Windows updates.  I know I could try a reset to an earlier boot however, I made too many changes, installs and such that I don't want to loose any of it.  There has to be a workaround for this lousy problem.  I though of perhaps deleating my wireless connection and reinstalling it from the modem on up to the router.  I just don't want to  keep digging a hole!  Ya know what, I relly miss my apple computer which I fianlly gave up on because the price was overwhelming.  Thanks for any help.  Rich

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: XPS L702 wireless icon in task bar does not change

Rich,

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER, if using XP, run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
marine9334
1 Copper

I am using Norton 360

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Rich,

This will get you to Nortons firewall settings.

Providing Finding System Information REMOVING YOUR PRODUCT ID AND REGISTER OWNER and/or an ipconfig /all log can help to provide information about your wireless adapter and it's connection.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos