Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2013 19:00

XPS14z issue after re-install

Hello, about 2 days ago my laptop got a virus which wouldnt let me open everything because "user32.dll" so I decided to just whipe and re-install windows, everything worked but it ended up not recognizing these : Ethernet controller, network controller, pci device, pci simple communications controller, sm bus controller, universal serial bus (USB) controller and an unknown device. I tried downloading the drivers from another computer and it wouldnt work, and ive tried going through the drivers that were meant for my exact model with my serial number but it only had 2 drivers listed and I downloaded them and put them on a USB and ran both, but nothing was even different, I CANT connect to the internet at all with this, so the only way is to use my phone or dads computer. I only got the win7 premium disc when I received this, no device and drivers disc, this laptop was a replacement for my defunct one so they gave me a free refurbished one. This basically renders my laptop useless so I am hoping someone can help out, because I dont really want to have to buy a new one due to money issues.  Thank you!

3.3K Posts

January 6th, 2013 23:00

Hi terryr00lz,

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer so that I can help you with the correct drivers.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

3 Posts

January 10th, 2013 19:00

I sent a message with the service tag and sent a friend request a few days ago, Did you receive them?

3.3K Posts

January 13th, 2013 01:00

Hi terryr00lz ,

I did not receive any private message. I have sent you a private message once again.

Awaiting your response!

3 Posts

January 13th, 2013 18:00

ive still havent got either, it let me send you a friend request but I never received one. idk what the issue is with that but is there anyway to post my service tag on this? its the only option that will work

3.3K Posts

January 15th, 2013 02:00

Hi terryr00lz,

I have sent you a private message with the drivers information.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!