Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2009 11:00

XPS430, Dell WLAn 1505 W (n) - Cannot connect to Internet w. WPA2

Hello.

I just recently bought a XPS 430 ( Customized (Vista)), with the wireless network adapter Dell 1505 (802.11n), with some odd/really big antenna box... I am however not able to connect to the internet through my Linksys WRT-54GL. The router has the security setting WPA2 AES, using 802.11g. When I disable the security, making the network open, I can connect without any problems at all. This computer is straight out of the box.

With security on:
The error I get from Vista is that I have a limited connection. I'm connected to the router, but not the internet. I send packets, but recieve none.

I have an old Inspiron Portable 1521 (XPPro SP3), this portable computer can connect without any problems at all.

Any idea as to what's rendering me unable to connect to the wireless network?

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2009 04:00

Hello,

My problem is even worse, my XPS 730 (with a Dell 1505 N wireless network adapter) computer does not recognise my wireless router (Linksys WRT54G) or any. I called Tech Support and they told me the card has to be replaced. That did not help. Can anyone provide me with suggestions? I do have another old computer a Dimension 8200 fitted with a wireless PCI card and connects flawlessly.

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2009 07:00

Problem solved by uninstalling the network adapter drivers and reinstalling them via Dell support.com. My X730 is now connected!! Please disregard my previous post. 

1 Message

February 23rd, 2009 02:00

I'm getting exactly the same problem as described above.

Ran an ethernet cable from my router to the PC and managed to connect to the net properly. Once. Since then only ever egtting limited connectvity either with Wireless or the ethernet connection.

Can connect to a neighbours unsecured wireless router without any problems whatsoever.

Certianly interested in any solutions.

No Events found!