Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2017 20:00

Xps 13 internet

I have an xps 13 and support assist just updated the bios.  Running Windows 10. Windows says I have internet and am connected to a network but when I go to look something up it says that I'm not connected to the internet.  I ran the Windows Network Diagnostics and it says "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection". "the device or reasource (web proxy) I'd not set up to accept connections on port '55683'. How do I fix this?

July 26th, 2017 06:00

Hello thanks for the repsonse.  It work once I created a new user account! Is there any way to change the settings on my old user account? Or do I have to switch to a new user? Thanks for all the help

9.4K Posts

July 26th, 2017 06:00

Hi Ethanj123454,

Thanks for posting.

For this issue . please try the following:

Open IE>Tools> Internet Options>Connections>LAN settings>Uncheck the option “Automatically detect settings” and click Apply & OK, re-open IE.
Temporarily turn off firewall and anti-virus.
Reset IE
If doesn’t work, please test IE with another user account, if you don’t have one,  just create one for a test.
Control Panel>User accounts>Manage user account>add a new account.

Post back with your results.

9.4K Posts

July 26th, 2017 11:00

Once you've reset IE, it should be reset on both accounts.

July 26th, 2017 17:00

It doesn't just happen with internet explorer. I don't have internet on all my applications but windows says I do. Any way to fix? Thanks

9.4K Posts

July 27th, 2017 05:00

Have you tried another browser like Firefox or Chrome? Does the same thing happen there?

July 27th, 2017 06:00

Yeah I've fried them still doesn't work.

9.4K Posts

July 27th, 2017 08:00

Ethanj123454,

Since it's working with another account name, it's obviously not a hardware issue.  You may wish to consult with Microsoft for further assistance, as this appears to be software related.

Thanks.

No Events found!