Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2016 18:00

Your computer is offline error in Windows 7

Hello! I was using my laptop as usual and recently I just could not use the internet. The laptop was still connected but while I tried to load a webpage I got the error that said : your computer is offline. I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 and I am using windows 7. I have never had this error before. Can someone tell me what this means and how I can fix it if it happens again? Thank you. 

20 Posts

March 6th, 2016 18:00

Hello, 

I have been getting this message often lately: Intel My WiFi Technology: Adapter not found, but I can still connect to the internet. What does the message mean? Should I be worried it may potentially not let me connect to the internet in the future? If yes, how can I fix it? Thank you. I have Windows 7 and am using an Inspiron N5110.

1.8K Posts

March 7th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

When you see that error message are you also getting any messages about needing your password to login?

If so, check out this thread from the Microsoft support boards, especially the content that is highlighted in blue about 2/3 of the way down the page.  

To better troubleshoot this issue please right click my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of your N5110.   Please keep all troubleshooting discussions here in this public thread so that others can see what is discussed.

Thank you,

Todd

1.8K Posts

March 7th, 2016 06:00

Hello, 

I have been getting this message often lately: Intel My WiFi Technology: Adapter not found, but I can still connect to the internet. What does the message mean? Should I be worried it may potentially not let me connect to the internet in the future? If yes, how can I fix it? Thank you. I have Windows 7 and am using an Inspiron N5110.

Hi,

I saw this post after I responded to your other thread (and merged the two of them).   Does this mean you were able to resolve your internet connection problems?

If you're getting two strange error messages like this consecutively you may have something other going on.  Please give me an update and let me know what is currently happening with your system and network connection and I'll see what I can suggest.

Todd

20 Posts

March 7th, 2016 07:00

Hi,

I did not get a message that prompted me to enter my password. It simply said your computer is offline and then I restarted my laptop to see if it would go away and it did. It was working fine as of last night after I restarted it. After I restarted it, I saw the icon for the My Wifi Technology had a yellow exclamation point and I clicked on it and saw that it said Intel my wifi technology adapter not found. I however was still able to connect to the internet.

1.8K Posts

March 8th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

The Intel My Wifi Technology probably just needs to be configured in your system, if you want to use it.  If your internet connection is working fine you should be okay.  My Wifi is mainly used to share your internet connection with other computers.   

Let us know if you have any other issues.

Todd

No Events found!