Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2009 01:00

activate bluetooth xps 1640

HI I have an Dell XPS 1640 laptop and I can't find anything related to bluetooth it has integrated bluetooth on it,  my OS is Windows vista Home premium, I just bought this laptop for 2 days and I read  some messages here but can't find appropriate response I press fn F2 and there is no change I tried to find something on control panel but  there is nothing there too 

I hope somebody  can give directions what to do 

Thanks in advance1

1 Message

October 2nd, 2009 23:00

I have the same problem.  No bluetooth devices show up in the device manager.  I did F2 during the boot, and the BIOS shows bluetooth as being enabled. Still no bluetooth devices show up in the device manager.  In control panel->bluetooth devices, if I hit the 'Bluetooth settings' button nothing happens.

I tried to install the Bluetooth driver from the Dell website (R205174.exe) and it popped up a mesage to turn on teh radio.  The WiFi is definitely turned on - I assume the bluetooth uses the same button.

I'm wondering of the XPS 1640 has bluetooth hadware or not?

Help!

2 Posts

October 4th, 2009 23:00

I contacted dell customer care and they told me to open my laptop and check if i had bluetooth card  and I did as they told and it wasn't any bluetooth card there know they gonna send it to me, you need to call or chat with them online and they gonna log in to you computer  remotely   and check by their own, then you may ask for refund ir send this card to you so you can install it by you own or probably you can take you laptop to the  dell

Hope it helps 

2 Posts

January 3rd, 2010 11:00

I've checked my 1640 by taking off the back cover and notice that there is no bluetooth card present. The specs of my machine don't state that bluetooth was sold with it so i've just gone ahead and ordered a Dell 370 card from ebay and will fit that when it comes.

I am surprised that the bluetooth was not included with the machine but that said, I should have checked when I clicked "buy". It's no big deal and hopefully when I get the card, it should be aok.

Thanks

12 Posts

February 10th, 2011 06:00

I've checked my 1640 by taking off the back cover and notice that there is no bluetooth card present. The specs of my machine don't state that bluetooth was sold with it so i've just gone ahead and ordered a Dell 370 card from ebay and will fit that when it comes.

I am surprised that the bluetooth was not included with the machine but that said, I should have checked when I clicked "buy". It's no big deal and hopefully when I get the card, it should be aok.

Thanks

Thanks AndrewB71! - Dell 370 card is what I need.

2 Posts

February 10th, 2011 06:00

Excellent. You are most welcome.

No Events found!