Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

1 Message

November 23rd, 2020 20:00

airpods not working on xps 13 9350 after update

After I updated my WIndows 10 on Nov 12/20, my bluetooth headphones (airpods) are no longer working on my Dell XPS 13 9350 laptop. The connection was fine before the update; I regularly used my airpods.

Windows will say it's paired and connected, but there is no sound coming out of the headphones after 1 second. Deleting the headphones and connecting again via Bluetooth results in the same thing. Interestingly, when my airpods connect, it now launches 2 notifications (connection to "stereo audio" and connection to "gateway audio"). It never used to do this prior to the update. I can continue to use my airpods on other devices.

I have scoured the web looking for solutions, and have updated every bluetooth and audio driver, changed my power settings, and ensured the headphones were default. The bluetooth troubleshooter "fixes" the problem by turning on the bluetooth radio, which plays music for 1 second followed by no sound (I wonder if something is turning off my bluetooth despite the bluetooth setting always being "on").

If it helps, the Windows 10 update that caused the problem was KB4023057.

Windows version 2004

Windows OS Build 19041.630

Thanks so much for your help!

January 18th, 2021 11:00

@FinneganWent I have the EXACT same issue! You've described it perfectly. Any luck with a fix? Has Dell helped you out at all? Seems there are a ton of open tickets on this issue with zero actual solutions provided by Dell technical support.

1 Message

January 25th, 2022 15:00

Same issue here.  Was there ever a resolution?  

No Events found!