Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 18th, 2010 02:00

bluetooth adapter turned off!! help switch it on in inspiron N5010

i have inspiron N5010 laptop in which i accidently turned off my bluetooth adapter by clicking the bluetooth icon in they trayicons on left-side bottom of screen.

please help me in turning this adapter on.

3 Posts

May 14th, 2012 22:00

my problem got solved long ago..and i just reinstalled bluetooth driver..and it started to work again..

269 Posts

December 22nd, 2010 06:00

Is the Bluetooth icon not in your systray (bottom right side by the clock) anymore?  If it is, you should be able to right-click on that icon and select "Turn Adapter On" or something similar.  Another way to access your Bluetooth adapter is by going into your Network Connections (if you have Windows XP) or the Network and Sharing Center if you have Vista or Windows 7.

3 Posts

December 22nd, 2010 20:00

No bluetooth icon isn't coming in systray icons anymore. I have windows7. Can u please tell me wen how to switch it on..and how to detect bluetooth device.

4 Posts

February 5th, 2011 14:00

I found out how to turn on the bluetooth adapter if it gets turned off!!!!Wink

1) Goto C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software

2) Double click/Run the program "BTTray.exe".

3) You will get the bloetooth icon in the taskbar. Right click on the icon and select "Turn on adapter"

Its done. You can now press the F2 key to turn on your bluetooth radios.

1 Message

March 31st, 2011 09:00

i also have the same problem.if u get the solve plz tell me

4 Posts

March 31st, 2011 14:00

1) Goto C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software

2) Double click/Run the program "BTTray.exe".

3) You will get the bloetooth icon in the taskbar. Right click on the icon and select "Turn on adapter"

Its done. You can now press the F2 key to turn on your bluetooth radios.

269 Posts

April 7th, 2011 12:00

If the icon isn't showing in the systray by the clock, you can also try going to the following:

Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center
Click "Change adapter settings" in the left panel
Find your Bluetooth adapter listed there, right-click on it, and make sure it's enabled.

If it shows that it's Enabled, you can try to riight-click on it again and choose Properties.
There should be a Bluetooth tab on top, click on it.
Click on the "Bluetooth Settings" link in the bottom part of the window.
In the Bluetooth Settings window, click the Options tab, and make sure the box for "Turn off the Bluetooth adapter" is not checked.

2 Posts

February 15th, 2012 21:00

Click START - Click COMPUTER - Search "Bluetooth". In result look for "BTTray" and click. Bluetooth icon will appear in taskbar. Click and turn on adapter.

1 Message

March 1st, 2012 19:00

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!! this solved my problem! :D:emotion-5:

1 Message

May 14th, 2012 09:00

still unable to see bluetooth icon in the task bar...plz help

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 14th, 2012 12:00

amitbaikar,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Places to look to see if your Bluetooth Connection is enabled

Click on start, in search type

bttray

Hit enter. This will put the bluetooth icon in the system tray, near the clock.

Rick

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 14th, 2012 14:00

You should have started a new post and included your model computer and operating system, as well as any other relevant info. Did bluetooth ever work? Not all models come with bluetooth. Bluetooth is optional on some models and unavailable on some others.

1 Message

July 5th, 2012 13:00

i have inspiron N5010 laptop in which i accidently turned off my bluetooth adapter by clicking the bluetooth icon in they trayicons on left-side bottom of screen.

please help me in turning this adapter on.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 5th, 2012 13:00

klajith,

Places to look to see if your Bluetooth Connection is enabled

Click on start, in search type

bttray

Hit enter. This will put the bluetooth icon in the system tray, near the clock.

Rick

1 Message

July 28th, 2012 09:00

Thank you very much. It was very useful. I'm relieved that I don't have to re install the bluetooth driver.

No Events found!