I have a dell inspiron 1545 15r series. I am unable to access the bluetooth module. In the device manager initially it didnt show the bluetooth device. Then after I have added "add legacy hardware" I found the bluetooth rfcomm protocol tdi driver. I have installed it, but an exclamation mark shows up saying error code 10,cannot start the device. I have downloaded the recent driver from dell website too. The installation using the compatibility settings (i use win8) runs smooth. But during installation it says to activate the wireless switch. I tried using Fn+F2 but nothing shows up. However the installation is complete and when i run the software from C:/program files/WIDCOMM/BLUETOOTH software/BTT.exe nothing happens! I tried every possible method!
Please check the status of 'Wireless/Bluetooth' in 'Windows' alternatively
- Switch to 'desktop mode' -- > Type "Windows mobility center" in search bar above that -- > Click it. Please capture the 'Wireless' status. Turn it 'on' if needed. Please refer to the image below:
- Also launch the 'Radio control Options' and place a tick mark besides 'Wireless' and 'Bluetooth' options (if not there already). This will allow (Fn + F2) key combination to control 'Bluetooth'
If the issue still persists, you may be facing compatibility issues with installation of Bluetooth drivers. 'Inspiron 1545' is built with 'Dell wireless 365 adapter' and it has no tested drivers for 'Windows 8'.
Note: Though the recommended steps have exhibited some positive results, you may still experience bluetooth issues as the laptop is not tested to work optimally with Windows 8. You may want to have a look at the list of all Dell systems tested with Windows 8: http://dell.to/SQojxk
- Click the following link to download the most updated driver for the Bluetooth: http://dell.to/Re5shT
- Save the folder (zipped folder) on the 'Desktop screen'
- Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R228749.exe
- The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS
- Click Ok
- After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it
- Open the following path: C:\Dell\Drivers\83V6K\Win64 (Open the folder Win32 if your laptop has Windows 32bit installed in your system)
- Click 'Computer' and drive letter 'C'
- Locate folder 'dell' and double click it
- Locate folder 'Drivers' and double click it
- Locate folder '83V6K'
- Locate folder 'Win64' and double click it (locate folder Win32 if your laptop has Windows 32bit installed in your system)
- Locate file Inst (Refer to the image below)
- Right click file 'Inst'
- Click 'Run as an administrator'
- Click 'Yes' to continue if prompted with 'User access control' message
- Follow through with the installation as per the screen instructions
- Finish the installation and check for the Bluetooth functionality
- If issue persists, try using the 'setup' file to install drivers in compatibility mode (Next Step)
Install 'Setup.exe' file in 'compatibility Mode'
- Navigate to C:\Dell\Drivers\83V6K\Win64 (Open the folder Win32 if your laptop has Windows 32bit installed in your system)
- Right click ‘Setup’ file and click ‘Properties’
- Click “Install in compatibility mode’
- Click on Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’
- Next, click on ‘Troubleshoot Program’
- Click on Program worked in earlier versions of Windows
- Click on ‘Windows 7’
- Click on ‘Start the Program’
- Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes
- Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next’
Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to help.