Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2013 16:00

bluetooth driver issue

Hi

I have inspiron 1545 and I installed a new windows 8 pro on it but the problem I couldn't run the bluetooth and wirelss due to drivers incompatable... please help and I want to know when dell put windows 8 in their drivers downloads section????

September 9th, 2013 03:00

Hi farouk alhiali,

We have not tested this driver on a Windows 8 Operating System, as of now we do not have any update on it.
It may take time to get the Bluetooth / Wireless driver which is compatible with Windows 8 Operating System.
We have the latest driver which is compatible with Windows 7 OS, where you can install and save it to your computer
Before installing change the compatibility mode, click on the link below to install the driver
http://dell.to/SWUQ5p
Follow the steps below to install the Bluetooth / Wireless driver in compatibility mode 
Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab >
check the box run this program in compatibility mode, Select the appropriate options (Windows 7)

Please complete the steps mentioned above and let us know your findngs.

September 10th, 2013 05:00

Hi

Thanks for your replay, I did all the steps what you mentioned above but when I run the setup file, I received this message>>>

September 11th, 2013 03:00

Hi farouk alhiali,

As mentioned on the previous post the Bluetooth driver is not compatible with Windows 8 OS and we do not have any update on the drivers’ compatibility with Windows 8. You might try running a complete Windows updates on the computer and check if that brings out any latest drivers. Click on the below link which has steps to Install the Windows updates.
http://dell.to/1apDS6T

Let us know if this helps.

September 11th, 2013 12:00

Hi

I am already  made a complete update the windows 8 as soon as I finished installing the new window 8 and I set up my laptop to make an automatic update.

So I checked now also if there is any new update available to do it manually, but my laptop is full updated.  

So ?????

September 12th, 2013 08:00

Hi farouk alhiali,

Thank you for your response, you might have to wait for the Bluetooth driver which may release sometime.
Unfortunately we do not have a timeframe and we’re not sure when will that happen.
As a last attempt you might try checking the Hardware ID of the Bluetooth device.

1. Go to Device Manager
2. Under option Bluetooth which should have a yellow exclamation mark, right click on it
3. Select option Properties and select option Details and under property change the options to Hardware Ids
4. Please copy the longest value.

Here is an example screenshot which might help

Please follow the steps mentioned above and reply us back with your response.

September 12th, 2013 10:00

Hi

I did what you mentioned above and didn't fid the Bluetooth in the device list like this image

then I viewed the hidden devices then I found it, see the image

the first line (Dell wireless 365 Bluetooth Module) was as the image

and the second line (Microsoft Bluetooth Enomerator) was as image

and there is no yellow exclamation mark as you see.

this all the steps you mentioned above and thanks

September 15th, 2013 05:00

Hi farouk alhiali,

I appreciate that you’ve tried all possible steps for the resolution; we regret to inform you that we were not able to find the Bluetooth driver compatible for your Windows 8. You might consider changing your Operating system to Windows 7 or Windows Vista OS or you might try connecting the USB dongle for Bluetooth or Wireless which is available at a local store which can detect the device and will make your hardware work completely fine.

Let us know if this helps

No Events found!