Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2009 08:00

bluetooth truemobile 355 peripheral device drivers not found

Was having a problem with my onbrd bluetooth when trying to send contacts from cellular to laptop inspiron 1525. Blue radio light would be on, but never turned color to show connected.

deleted and reloaded r140135 drivers and all goes well during install till I get here:

installing cevice driver software:

"Bluetooth Peripheral Device"...waitng for user input..."

at this point it wants drivers for something...it cannot locate them them online and I have no idea what drivers its looking for???

everything else during the install goes well until this point...any thoughts???

9 Posts

December 6th, 2009 15:00

I am having the same exact issue.

I have upgraded my Inspiron E1705 to Win7, and I have the built-in Dell TrueMobile 355 Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology adapter based on the Widcomm 2045 chip.

There are 2 separate devices that are shown as Bluetooth Peripheral Devices for which a driver cannot be found in the R140135 package.  I have enabled the display of non-present hardware, selected to view Hidden Devices, and deleted all Bluetooth-related devices.  I then uninstalled the Widcomm package, rebooted and then re-installed the Widcomm package with the same exact results.

1 Message

December 6th, 2009 16:00

I recently (ok, finally) got an iPhone and suffered from the same issue on my Vista Business 32-bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit systems.  I found a solution that worked perfectly for me here (http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/33457-bluetooth-peripheral-device-driver-solution-windows-7-a.html).  Good luck!

9 Posts

December 12th, 2009 14:00

@ johnbucklowe :

I tried this and got my Bluetooth Peripheral Devices to install.  I posted on this and referenced the same sevenforums.com link here:

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19275237/19608544.aspx#19608544

Note this other thread relates to the Bluetooth module shutting off after a short period of time,..

No Events found!