Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2006 20:00

can not download Bluetooth drivers on my Latitude D510

Yesterday a Tech installed a new motherboard and hard drive for me under warrenty.
I installed windows, xp pro.
then started installing the drivers.
When I try and install the bluetooth wireless card drivers i get to 57% download after about 30 min..and it stops.  ... and then nothing for several minutes.... sometimes I then get a screen saying  click Fn F2 to install bluetooth. ..if I do..then I get a blue screen that reads windows has had a problem...and cannot continue.

I tried downloading the bluetooth drivers about 5 times. each time I use system restore to get back to stable windows.

i am writting this using my plug in old netgear card.  thanks for reading.steve.

2 Posts

November 28th, 2006 12:00

I have the same problem with my latitude d810

70 Posts

November 28th, 2006 15:00

CURED  the Cure was a Dell rep online took over my computer...
found i had no blue tooth and shouldnt have had it.

he said my Intel wireless internal card was broke, missing, and to check the back.

i took out the screw and looked at the internal card...sure enough..,took me 6 hours of downloading redownloading,,surfing,,etc and it was a loose connection on the INtel card ! !  I was immediately cured.

1 Message

December 26th, 2006 16:00

I have a similar problem with a latitude d820, however, it just keeps asking me to press fn-f2.  there are no associated functions with F2 so I'm not sure what the issue is.  anyone else had this issue with a d820?

1 Message

January 2nd, 2007 13:00

i got the same sort of problem with my latitude d600 but it dowloads and ask me to tern on my bluetooth raido when it is on and the istuation does not complet

if any can help me tell me how

1 Message

January 31st, 2007 13:00

Hi all
I am facing the same problem with my Latitude D600, once i start the setup file it asks to press Fn +F2 key to start the bluetooth, and setup fails after that. i have seen in the notebook setup at startup that Fn +F2 will start the wireless connection. But that also is not related, i also disabled this from setup but also no results and still cant setup the bluetooth. if anyone had resolved it please let me know. regards, luay
No Events found!