Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

WA

June 25th, 2004 02:00

cannot locate internal wireless card

I recently reinstalled my Windows XP and after that I have not been able to use my Dell True Mobile 1180 Internal 802.11b Mini-PCI Card.  I tried to reinstall the driver using the CD provided with my laptop (Inspiron 4150) called "True Mobile Broadband Wireless router" but it did not work.  My network adaper is ethernet cable (that is the only option) and I can use wireless using an ethernet cable.  But I want to be able to use wireless without having to connect to a cable.  The instructions for setting up wireless network refers to choosing "Wireless connection icon" but I cannot even find that in my network connections.

Also, I tried to use Downloads from Dell's website hoping that I can perhaps download the software for my wireless card but the site does not even work.

Please help.  Thanks.

4.4K Posts

June 25th, 2004 02:00

I found this by searching Dell downloads for truemobile 1180. The Dell Support web site does seem slow tonight.

Hope this helps!

Jim

791 Posts

June 25th, 2004 04:00

You shouldn't need to install anything for the "Truemobile Wireless Router". Just look for the drivers that are specifically for your wireless network card and install those ones.

You may want to check in the BIOS to see if your miniPCI (wireless card) is enabled. To get into the BIOS, when the Dell logo comes on, then press F2. It'll bring you into the BIOS and scroll through the pages and find the option to enable the miniPCI card.

Hopefully that works for you.

2 Posts

January 9th, 2009 22:00

WOW viper, I happened to stumble across this thread because I couldn't get a DW1470 working on my D600.  After reading your post, I checked my BIOS and sure enough, the MiniPCI WLAN was disabled in BIOS!  Sometimes the simplest things...

Anyway, thanks for pointing out the obvios for me!

No Events found!