Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2012 23:00

dell 1520 with win7 64 bit pro version Internet connection via router - wireless losing signal regularly

dell 1520w-win7 64 bit pro version - installed new hd.  Internet connection via wireless losing signal regularly since new hard drive install

details recent history below here's another problem I just posted.

"DELL 1520 oem Broadcom Wireless not working. Tested using Win7 onboard system. Says everything was ok. Yet the wireless is not "on" on the 1520 laptop. Here's possibly why.

Hard drive died

Purchased a new one; had no OEM software. Purchased Win764 bit Pro version. Installed it; finally found the original OEM resource disk from Dell and installed it. I downloaded a later version of the driver and yet it is not working.

Is there a problem created by Win7 installation? How can I wake up the wireless so it can wirelessly receive and send items to my Smart Phone."

Deb-1533

5 Posts

August 27th, 2012 23:00

DELL 1520 oem Broadcom Wireless not working.  Tested using Win7 onboard system.  Says everything was ok.  Yet the wireless is not "on" on the 1520 laptop.  Here's possibly why.

Hard drive died

Purchased a new one; had no OEM software.  Purchased Win764 bit Pro version.  Installed it; finally found the original OEM resource disk from Dell and installed it.  I downloaded a later version of the driver and yet it is not working. 

Is there a problem created by Win7 installation?  How can I wake up the wireless so it can wirelessly receive and send items to my Smart Phone.

Deb-1533

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 28th, 2012 02:00

Bed-1533,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

677 Posts

August 28th, 2012 06:00

Hi deb-1533,

Changing the wireless card properties should fix the issue. I request you to go to the Start menu and and type Device Manager in the Search box and press ‘Enter’. Once the device manager appears, please select Network adapters and right click on the wireless card, and select properties. Please change the following settings on the Advanced menu in the dialog box which appears for the wireless card.

1. Change the Bluetooth collaboration to "Off".

2. Change the roaming aggressiveness to 'Highest".

3. Change the Network mode to 802.11 a/b/g

Once done, please select power management and uncheck the option "allow computer to turn off the device to save power"

Save the settings and restart the computer. In addition to the steps, please check if there is any interference from a Cordless phone; microwave Owen or a baby monitor.

Let us know the version of the Driver which you have updated.

Please let us know if this fixes the issue

Thanks and Regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

5 Posts

August 28th, 2012 19:00

I followed your directions - 1. Change the Bluetooth collaboration to "Off". - this Bluetooth collaboration was not in the Properties list - the rest of the items were and I made changes.  Any way to easily test to see if its worling?  Thanks very much  Deb

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 28th, 2012 22:00

deb-1533,

I will repeat this as it is very IMPORTANT.

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

No Events found!