Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2004 04:00

dell TrueMobile 1150 series wireless LAN mini PCI Card

I have the dell truemobile 1150 series wireless LAN mini PCI Card in my laptop.  I have had it set up with my Netgear router and it has worked perfect for at least a year.  We got a virus in the computer and had to reinstall windows.  Now it has decided not to connect anymore.  I don't know if it is the card or the router.  Any suggestions???

Message Edited by mmandrews2004 on 11-30-2004 12:07 AM

28K Posts

November 30th, 2004 04:00

Which model laptop do you have? For some models, after reinstalling Windows, you need to install the chipset drivers as the first drivers installed after reinstalling Windows, then Windows can detect the network card and you can install drivers. If you go to Device Manager, are there any devices shown as problem devices?

Steve

28K Posts

November 30th, 2004 20:00

You will have to get the chipset drivers from Toshiba. As for the 1150 series Mini PCI card drivers, you can get those Here. These are the Windows XP drivers. You didn't tell us which version of Windows you have, so if you are not using XP, post back with your Windows version and we can direct you to the drivers.

Steve

November 30th, 2004 20:00

I don't have a dell laptop.  It is a Toshiba laptop.  I don't have the drivers for it though.  Is there any way to get them?

December 1st, 2004 04:00

I do have XP so I downloaded those drivers.  I need to go to Toshiba to download the chipset drivers now. 
My device driver doesn't say that there are any problems.
No Events found!