Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2012 07:00

dell inspiron 1564 bluetooth not working..!!

i am using a dell inspiron 1564 4 gb ram 15 540m

I was using my wireless head set nd suddenly the bluetooth went off nd I couldn't start it again ever since. I have tried the fn + f2 button but it is unresponsive only the wireless go on or off.
I have checked the bios the bluetooth is enabled I have downloaded nd tried all the drivers frm the site the error there says tht a driver is already installed remove that nd try again. In the device manager also there is no bluetooth software. Please som one give a solution to this proble it will be a great help to me.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 31st, 2012 14:00

mus2k,

Try reading...

Bluetooth connection and pairing

Maybe there was an update of your virus program or firewall that stopped communications.

Rick

3 Posts

June 1st, 2012 03:00

i tried the thing in tht link but the bttray thing isnt there..!! and i tired to install the broadcom software it says please plug in ur bluetooth device...?? but the bluetooth suddenly stopped  working...the tray icon also disappeared. and i cannot find it in the device manager as well

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 1st, 2012 15:00

mus2k,

You'll need to download the Bluetooth drivers from Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, then enter the operating system. Under network you'll find the bluetooth drivers.

Rick

85 Posts

June 1st, 2012 15:00

Hello mus2k,

Welcome to Dell community forum

Could you please get on to the BIOS by tapping F2 while starting the computer.

Once you are on the BIOS Go to Advanced and you will find three options,

Internal bluetooth,

Internal WLAN,

Internal WWAN,

Make sure all three has been enabled.

If it is enabled then we can Update the BIOS.

Check your version of BIOS by typing msinfo32 on Start Search on your windows and look for BIOS version/Date

if you have a version other than A13 please download and update the BIOS using the Link

http://dell.to/L4WKrZ

Even after doing the above steps if it does not work, Please contact the tech support Contact tech support on 1800-624-9896 for your bluetooth issue.

Cheers

1 Message

February 3rd, 2013 17:00

hello.. i just bought a dell inspiron 1564.spairs and repairs , i didnt realise it had blutooth till i repaired the cpu with thermol heat paste and obviously it was there as i took the lappy appart. it wasnt even showing anywhere in device manager, it was turned on in the bios,i manually turnrd it on  in devise manager but it had the same code 10 error, simply update your bios with your servise tags, dowload the blutooth and run the dowloaded file as administraitor as u open it . it then loads perfect into the system, if u open it normally it just unzipps it and opens it in a file in c drive, so u can manually add it but  option 1 is easier.once u have the right driver installed remove the one which doesnt work .cheers sullly 101.

4 Posts

March 1st, 2013 12:00

I had the same problem when I installed Windows 8 on my Insprion 1564. Internal bluetooth card can't be detected under Windows 8. Here's the fix. Go to Dell download and get the bluetooth 380 driver for window 8 and install. A generic bluetooth driver will be installed.  Now the bluetooth card can be detected. Once you have the generic bluetooth driver installed you can update the driver to the most current dell driver under device manager. Took me quite a while to figure that out. Good luck. :emotion-1:

No Events found!