Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2011 06:00

does my PC have WiFi capability?

Hi - how do I find out if my PC can connect to wifi rather than with a cable?  And if it cannot now, can I download an update to enable wifi?

thanks

1 Message

March 18th, 2015 09:00

1:  How do I detect if my Dell pc can connect to wifi  rather than with an Ethernet cable?

2:  How do I detect if my Dell pc has card inside, (modem ?) to connect to Ethernet cable

it has an Ethernet socket at the rear of the pc.

Thanking you in anticipation of your reply.

sylvia

1 Message

August 15th, 2015 10:00

Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E GBE NIC

1 Message

August 26th, 2015 10:00

NVIDIA nForce

1 Message

September 19th, 2015 03:00

Could you be more of a tool?  Let me see if my telepathic abilities will aid me in my quest for knowledge...hmmmmmmm...hmmmmmmmm...nope, you are a complete ***. No room for improvement. Congrats, you nailed it. <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>

I gotta know...does typing out a response like you did make you feel like, for that split-second, that you don't have a micropenis?  For that one, brief, moment you felt like all the other boys, didn't you?  Well, Piggy, you can have the conch now.

1 Message

November 21st, 2015 20:00

Can you help me??

1 Message

January 18th, 2016 07:00

NEED TO CONE

1 Message

April 23rd, 2016 05:00

Hi Rajesh

I am preparing my Dell to use the fibre broadband.

1) I have the terminal point installed in the living room.

2) My PC and my sister's laptop in the study room. I am now using a broadband but connected wirefully to the Belkin modem (and to the existing telephone line :emotion-43:).

3) The network apater listed "Dell wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4) ghz".

4) PC Specs: Its running on win8.1, ACPI x64-based PC, 12G of ram and 8 processors.

Q1) I believe this meant there is no need for me to buy the adapter to connect to the router that will be installed in the living room (via a cable connection, to the ONT and plug into the fibre termination point).

Q2) If the router can support upto 5GHZ, will it be a better option to buy that adapter? Its suppose to prevent interference from home electrical items which has the 2.4ghz range. Its cheaper if I buy it from my telco company which also supplies the installation/adapter

The support staff highly recommended that I used the adapter instead of a home plug which meant I need to connect to the plug wirefully with a Lan cable which I can buy offisite at electrical/computer stores. According to him I only need ONE adapter per room, one at living room where router is located, one in my study room (which can be shared with my sister and myself after configuration)

ONT==>optical network terminal

Q3) Could you please share some article on how to configure the laptop or PC to use that adapter? They charged SGD15 per connected devices

1 Message

August 28th, 2016 10:00

To check If your PC support wifi then follow the steps:

1 press windows button + R . type CMD

2 IN black window type "netsh wlan show drivers"

3 if the replies from PC is understandable then your PC support wifi

Else the reply willbe no wireless

September 14th, 2016 17:00

I need to know if my computer has wi fi

1 Message

December 29th, 2016 02:00

LOOKS LIKE I HAVE WIFI HARDWARE IN MY ALL-IN-ONE PC. BUT I STILL CAN'T CONNECT TO MY HOME WIFI.

PLEASE HELP !!

I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TOOLS FOR IDENTIFYING DRIVERS & UPDATED ALL OF THEM, YET UNABLE TO CONNECT TO WIFI.

1 Message

August 1st, 2018 06:00

my adapters are

1. microsoft teredo tunneling adapter

2. Realtek PCIe Family controller

3. Remote NDIS Base Internet sharing device #2

1 Message

February 27th, 2021 15:00

I'm trying to connect my dell desktop to my xfinity wifi. How do I wirelesslyconnect my wifi to my dell?

No Events found!