Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

November 13th, 2003 12:00

error code

Hi to all,

When i reboot/start up my computer i get the following error code:

CorUpd.exe application error

The instruction at "0x77e7a67a" referenced memory at "0x0042c04c". The memory could not be "written".

How can this be fixed?

Thank you, nabcom.

2K Posts

November 13th, 2003 13:00

The only reference to 'CorUpd.exe' I could find relates to an Y2K update package (Windows 95 Corporate Year 2000 Companion Update). What machine and OS is this? Why do you feel it is modem related?

9 Posts

November 13th, 2003 15:00

Hello again,

Im running XP home on Deminsion 2400. Ive had my box about 8 weeks.

I say its the modem because i havnet loaded anything new or uninstalled anything since i got my box.

40gb hd,.256 ram.

Thank you.

9 Posts

Yea i think its something other than the modem. Its on the hd!! My mistake. Now i feel stupid. :) So it could be Corel? That seems plausable to me now that ive shed my dunce hat. :) Sorry for posting in the wrong place. 

Thanks for your input.

Nabcom

DirectCD doesnt run on startup.

Message Edited by nabcom on 11-13-2003 11:47 AM

9 Posts

Ive been getting this error code for about 2 weeks.

2K Posts

Further investigation.. It may be related to a Corel app, but more likely seems to be caused by DirectCD. If you have DirectCD running at startup, try disabling it.

You might want to move this question over to Dimension Software - Other, as I don't think it has anything to do with the modem.

2K Posts

November 13th, 2003 16:00

I also saw one comment indicating it may be related to power management settings. You might want to try changing those. What you're seeing does seem to be a recognized problem, as there is much discussion (but no definative solutions) on the microsoft newsgroups.

Google search results here.

9 Posts

November 16th, 2003 12:00

Sorry sooooooo late in getting back. It was a business thing. The problem was fixed by changing the "search for updates" from "never" to every 30 days. "Never" is not recommended and i found out why. You see i dont allow any automatic updates to anything. Well in this instance you must or you get the above error code. So now i have 1 exception to my rule.

Thanks to all who offered their advice/suggestions!

Nabcom

Message Edited by nabcom on 11-16-2003 08:19 AM

No Events found!